Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st time seeing MY COLOR today...Not so impressive :|

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:41 PM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

Default 1st time seeing MY COLOR today...Not so impressive :|

When I bought my Mustang GT, It was a deluxe model with only 2 options......the $200 wheel option and the $200 sport interior upgrade, and for $23495 I wasn't gonna start nit picking. But I have to admit, that after hearing some of you talk about some of the options you guys had, I considered mabey buying the MY COLOR OEM and installing it with my tax money I'm due soon. So today I went to a different dealership and asked one of the sales guys to show me the MY COLOR. I watched as he fumbled around with the display and then I finally asked him to let me try and I changed the hues and It was kinda neat for a few, but it seemed rather uninspired....kinda lame even. None of the colors on the door changed, the radio and dash panelling didn't change, It only changed the large gauges and not even the whole thing like the LED lights or background.

For a minute, I thought I might have really missed out on something, but I see now that if I did, it isn't with the MY COLOR option.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 1st time seeing MY COLOR today...Not so impressive :|

I like my MyColor....I change it from time to time when I get bored. I figure it's just a cool thing to show off to people, they all get a kick out of it.

But good thing you didn't waste your money on something you don't even like!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I like it, its neat. I have a nice blue programmed into mine that is a bit brighter than the blue that is standard. But once in a while I like throwing it over to red or something.

Again, its something cool to show to people.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I have MY COLOR and I love it. You have 125 combinations to get colors.
I know it doesnt link together with the radio and other lights but its cool.
I havent driven my Stang at night that much since getting it so I had only a few colors changed from time to time.
I also have a nice blue - not the one pictured..thats just a pic I took. If you want that all green look you can find the green you want to match the radio and other lights.

I bought my Stang right off the lot Premium model so it came with it. Only showed a few people it and they were impressed wit it.

Yes, some might find it amusing for awhile plaing with changing colors and others just like messing around setting them everytime they go for a ride.
It's something different than that boring same oh dash lights that every car comes with it.

I look at it like a show and tell item.

Its an option just like heated seats. I have no need for heated seats when I have a heater in the car already.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19630/BF687B0ABBFE43758C5E3611821B9F83.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-08-2006, 10:45 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

May I try to set the record straight ? I wanted the IUP for the dash, wheel, shifter and door sill trim in BR AL, it just happened to include "MY COLOR" which was OK with me, as it was a package.

Some ppl (IMO) think "MY COLOR" is some sort of light show, or a breathtaking experience.

After driving for 34 years, I'm pretty much used to one color of dash lights, but, I do like "MC"

JMO
Old 06-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

I wasn't all that hyped about it when I first read about it and while it's nice to change the immediate dash lights to something else I can't say I'd really want to go out of my way to get it. Like Lejay I just got it when I got my IUp, which I was not going without so..

You had to pay extra for it in 05 didn't you?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:51 PM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

^^^

1. In case you didn't know, When you turn on the lights the white dash turns to green for free already.

2. I could see heated seats being a nice option if you lived in a super cold and snowy and wintery region. But I agree that its pointless for folks like me in Cali though.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
persistantthug
2nd Gear Member

Cowtown said,
I wasn't all that hyped about it when I first read about it and while it's nice to change the immediate dash lights to something else I can't say I'd really want to go out of my way to get it. Like Lejay I just got it when I got my IUp, which I was not going without so..

You had to pay extra for it in 05 didn't you?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

You pay extra for "MC" in 05 and 06.

I have 06 Redfire.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Heated seats are actually nice in the northeast. I dont know if you are in a cold climate or not. But I have never seen a car with them that did not need the seat heating pads replaced after 4 years or so. I have replaced a few sets in the past.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

My color is just one of those things that's
cool to have...all of us who have it, enjoy
it for the most part.....like someone already
said....good thing you didn't waste your hard
earned money on something you don't like
anyhoooo......

Quick Reply: 1st time seeing MY COLOR today...Not so impressive :|