Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Exhaust Product Quality - any help???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Corsa Exhaust Product Quality - any help???

I just installed my Corsa Axlebacks yesterday and they are great. I took some video but haven't had a chance to put them up. I even shot some video without mufflers. The sound is deeper and right after start up it is louder but not a lot louder. Once the idle comes down and a minuet of warmup it is quiet as stock but when you get on it the sound is great and louder than stock. The tips look awesome and they fit great. Easy install on jack stands in about an hour.
Greg
Old 06-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

Yup, Yup, and Yup.
Glad you like them!
Old 06-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I would think if Corvette uses them for their cars then they got to be good.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I put CORSA axel backs on my '06 GT 'Vert and I love them. Great sound, high quality. They're pricey-but you get what you pay for.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

I would think if Corvette uses them for their cars then they got to be good.
I do agree that Corsa is good....but I would never let GM component selection affect such a conclusion. They (like other US auto companies) use a lot more crappy component vendors than they do good ones....
Old 06-12-2006, 12:32 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Good video and sound clip. Sounds like this in real life!

ORIGINAL: JC74

Here is a link to a video of my Corsa axleback. I really have had no regrets spending the extra money. I have noticed that it sounds even better after having them for almost a year.

http://jusspress.com/day.php?userid=...724&imageNum=0

Old 06-14-2006, 01:53 AM
geofcar

I bought a Bassani catted X and mufflers. It was a bit too loud and to much drone. I heard the Corsa's don't drone, so i swapped out just the mufflers. Wow, what a difference! The Corsa had a great tone, but much quieter at idle. No drone at all at any RPM or speed (acceleration or cruising) but when i get on it, it roars at WOT. I did notice when putting them on that the Corsa mufflers were quite a bit heavier than the stock muffler (and the Bassani muffler). A couple more pounds in the back will only help me keep more rubber on the road the way i see it. Easy install too...did it myself without a lift.

A little pricey, but definitely worth it. Great muscle car sound and loud when i want it to be. I think the X pipe helps give it even more volume which i've gotten a lot of compliments on. Naturally i'm sure you want sound clips, so i'll see if i can get one posted.

Of course i now have a pair of bassani mufflers i need to sell if you know anyone who's interested.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Corsa claim-to-fame is "no drone", which is a very nice feature for long hauls at 70+.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
hootch

ditto on all the postive feedback on the Corsa; had mine for four months and am very happy with them.

geofcar, quick question on the Corsa x-pipes: I've read (on this site) about the x-pipes making the car sound a little "ricier". They stated that h-pipes, although not as efficient, give the car a good "muscle car" rumble and the x-pipes make the tone a little higher. Also stated was how the x-pipes are really not needed unless there is a significant amount of mods on the car. Did you notice any difference with and without the x-pipes? I've been debating if I should buy them or not.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I did a buttload of reading on this as it'll be one of the first mod's I do on my '07. Interestingly, the only complaints I've read about the Corsas were related to them being too quiet (IE, too close to stock sound levels) but those complaints were always from people that did not have them! It seems that everyone that actually has them are very happy with them. A lot of people rave about the SLP Loudmouths too, but those are basically muffler-eliminators. The sound clips sound great, but I don't want to deal with having to put the stock mufflers back on every year for inspection. It looks like pretty much every other muffler out there (besides the Corsas and SLPs) have moderate to bad drone somewhere in the RPM range and I'm not willing to live with that.

Quick Reply: Corsa Exhaust Product Quality - any help???