Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Exhaust Product Quality - any help???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:48 PM
geofcar

Default RE: Corsa Exhaust Product Quality - any help???

the main reason i went with the x-pipe was because i plan on doing additional performance mods down the road (CAI, performance tune, etc) had i not planned on that, i probably would have just kept the stock H pipe. as for sound, it is definitely louder than the H, even though mine is a catted X, not offroad X. i would say it might be slightly higher pitch but it's definitely NOT "ricey" sounding. My buddy has a NIssan 350Z and my other friend has a Mitzubishi Evo and mine sounds nothing like theirs. I'll try to post a sound clip so you can see. I've had nothing but compliments on how it sounds.

If you're considering additional performance mods, i would get the X. otherwise if you just want a louder more agressive sound, just swap out the mufflers.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Did you notice the extra 14 horsepower corsa claims.
ORIGINAL: geofcar

I bought a Bassani catted X and mufflers. It was a bit too loud and to much drone. I heard the Corsa's don't drone, so i swapped out just the mufflers. Wow, what a difference! The Corsa had a great tone, but much quieter at idle. No drone at all at any RPM or speed (acceleration or cruising) but when i get on it, it roars at WOT. I did notice when putting them on that the Corsa mufflers were quite a bit heavier than the stock muffler (and the Bassani muffler). A couple more pounds in the back will only help me keep more rubber on the road the way i see it. Easy install too...did it myself without a lift.

A little pricey, but definitely worth it. Great muscle car sound and loud when i want it to be. I think the X pipe helps give it even more volume which i've gotten a lot of compliments on. Naturally i'm sure you want sound clips, so i'll see if i can get one posted.

Of course i now have a pair of bassani mufflers i need to sell if you know anyone who's interested.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

corsa isnt good its great from everything i have heard about it, and i have heard a car with corsa exhaust, its great
Old 06-17-2006, 09:07 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Quality is top notch. They're heavier than stock and the tips look amazing. Sound is perfect for those who use their stang as a daily driver and want a more agressive sound and no drone.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Here is where you can listen to them online.

http://www.corsaperf.com/mustang.htm
Old 06-18-2006, 05:29 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

They might use them as a stock exhaust system on a Corvette. But every Corvette owner I know waste no time at all switching to Borlas. I don't know if its a Corvette thing or what, but they all seem to use Borla.

I'm going with Ford Racing axle backs...I can't fathom what can make Corsa $250 more. My neighbor has them on his GT. They do sound stock at idle, and throatier at rev. But they didn't souind much different to me then most GT's with aftermarket mufflers. I think most just like the 4" tips. Ford racing has 3.5 inch tips. Why am I always coming up "short" in the inches department?
Old 06-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

The main selling point for the Corsas is there is absolutely no drone anywhere in the RPM range. From the tons of reading I did, there were drone complaints on every other muffler out there except the SLP LMs. I agree the premium price is a mystery, but then again I'm willing to pay more to not have drone.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:34 PM
geofcar

no noticeable power gains. it does seem to want to keep pulling at higher rpm and feels a little less peppy in the lower rpm range vs stock. i attribute this mostly to the high flow catted X pipe more than the mufflers. i'm guessing you're not going to experience much difference if any by just changing out the mufflers.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

They might use them as a stock exhaust system on a Corvette. But every Corvette owner I know waste no time at all switching to Borlas. I don't know if its a Corvette thing or what, but they all seem to use Borla.

I'm going with Ford Racing axle backs...I can't fathom what can make Corsa $250 more. My neighbor has them on his GT. They do sound stock at idle, and throatier at rev. But they didn't souind much different to me then most GT's with aftermarket mufflers. I think most just like the 4" tips. Ford racing has 3.5 inch tips. Why am I always coming up "short" in the inches department?
You answered your own question. That extra 250 bucks is for that extra half inch on the tips. LOL Really though, the Corsa's are materially different. Their weight alone is an indicator that you've got 250 bucks worth of something weighing 20 pounds more.