Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupidest ticket ever

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:45 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Stupidest ticket ever

Ill make it simple, im at a stop light on a 50mph road, light turns green, i give it about 90% throttle, yah theres some tire spin, but its a mustang, (trac controll was off) and i just accelerated to the speed limit, and not a mph more, minorly chirped 2nd. Cop comes outta no where and pulls me over, gives me careless driving, and i told him politly when he asked what i was doing was just accelerating to the speed limit, but i had no intention nor did i break the speed limit..... Im takin it to the courts obviously cause i cant afford 3 points and the $170 which is retarded in my oppinion. To me careless is when u do just that, somthing stupid that could cause you to kill someone else or your self (going 120 down a 30. Flying around in snow, or even doughnuts) but just for some chirps? you guys think ill have a chance in court?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:50 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stupidest ticket ever

I don't think you stand a chance. He went easy on you.

You could have gotten
-Careless Driving
-Reckless Endangerment
-Laying Drag
-Exhibition of Speed
and a host of others.

Take your ticket like a man, you got out easy.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

If you respect the officer in court then maybe they will reduce the charge or fine. Here in South Carolina its call improper start and other things like careless driving. Try to get it reduce and don't argue be respectful and don't act an *** it will get you no where.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

You got railroaded. I'd say you have a very good chance in court, what evidence is the cop going to offer? You spun your wheels briefly while accelerating to the speed limit? Good grief! I'd be surprised if the cop even shows up for that court appointment.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Doesn't matter what anyone here really thinks. Than said here's my $.02. You're under 20, driving a Mustang GT, spinning tires (showing off)........[sm=bustedsign.gif]

The judge will get some amusement with your attempt to justify 90% throttle to get up to speed. He didn't site you for speeding and at your age, you don't have that much experience driving. If you want to spin your tires find and empty parking lot or go to the track. My family and I drive on the public roads, we have enough trouble avoiding accidents as it is. We don't need someone driving like that in public.

PS: Your post would probably make this an open/shut case in court. (I'm not a lawer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night).

Good luck,
Old 06-12-2006, 09:00 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

depending on the state, there is a difference between careless an reckless driving... you got the lesser of the two, but when your tires turn over an you catch second gear I dont believe youre gonna win this one... tires dont turn over in normal driving...
Old 06-12-2006, 09:02 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BLACK06GT4ME

Doesn't matter what anyone here really thinks. Than said here's my $.02. You're under 20, driving a Mustang GT, spinning tires (showing off)........[sm=bustedsign.gif]

The judge will get some amusement with your attempt to justify 90% throttle to get up to speed. He didn't site you for speeding and at your age, you don't have that much experience driving. If you want to spin your tires find and empty parking lot or go to the track. My family and I drive on the public roads, we have enough trouble avoiding accidents as it is. We don't need someone driving like that in public.

PS: Your post would probably make this an open/shut case in court. (I'm not a lawer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night).

Good luck,

+1

RIchard
Old 06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

You got railroaded. I'd say you have a very good chance in court, what evidence is the cop going to offer? You spun your wheels briefly while accelerating to the speed limit? Good grief! I'd be surprised if the cop even shows up for that court appointment.
The only evidence the officer needs is his WORD. The judge will believe what ever the officer tells him, he does not need video evidence, physical evidence, absolutely no evidence whatsoever…

You have absolutely no chance whatsoever in court to beat this ticket. However, if you are respectful and accept complete responsibility for your actions then chances may be decent to get it reduced…
Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GGIII

I don't think you stand a chance. He went easy on you.

You could have gotten
-Careless Driving
-Reckless Endangerment
-Laying Drag
-Exhibition of Speed
and a host of others.

Take your ticket like a man, you got out easy.
^^^exactly what he said^^^ It doesn't mater that you did not exceed the speed limit. The way you got to the speed limit could be deemed unsafe and reckless. What if someone would have ran the light in front of you or stepped off the curb in front of you? It is your responsibility to maintain the limits of your vehicle, including how fast you get to the speed limit.

<insert thread hijack here>
And for the record, I don't think this is the stupidest ticket ever. Here are my submissions..

1) Sitting at a four way controlled ( signal light ) intersection. To my right is a cop. His light turns green, he makes a left hand turn ( which puts him going in the opposite direction of me ). Then he makes a U turn and comes up behind me, flips his lights on before I even get the green light to go. When the light turns green, I pull through the intersection, take the first right, pull over. He checks my license, asks me where I have been. I tell him I had just left my house and was headed to the corner store. He fumbles around for a while, searches my car, then hands me my license and a ticket. The ticket was for a tail light being out. Now how the hell did he see the tail light out when he was in front of me and to my right when he first saw me. So I ask him why he was really pulling me over. He says that a vehicle matching the description of mine was involved in a car lot vandalizm all the way across town 10 minutes prior. I just giggled and said "Take a look at this car....do you really think it would make it all the way across town in 10 minutes? " Which was a legit question considering at the time I was driving a P.O.S. '76 Trans Am that would fall apart sitting still. The kicker of the entire thing was, he had a prisoner in the back of his car also!

2) Got a ticket for parking in a No Standing Zone [sm=insomnia.gif]

3) Left my sunglasses at a bar one night. Went back the next morning when they opened to pick them up ( was good friends with the bartenders, knew that they were still there ). I pull up to a parking space right in front of the door, hop off my bike, run in for two minutes tops. Walk back out, get on the bike, fire it up, back out of the space, and a cop is sitting there. Turns on his lights and pulls up behind me. Yes.... I actually got pulled over for backing out of a parking space. His reasoning was, the last time he was in that parking lot the space I parked in was a handicap space. Which it no longer was. It wasn't marked by a sign or paint on the ground. In fact, it had been blacktopped over, new stripes painted, and moved to a different spot in the parking lot!

<end of hijack>
Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

^can someone sum this mini book up for me??? [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Quick Reply: Stupidest ticket ever