Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kzinti

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:30 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default Kzinti

I put this up there already, but if anyone did notice it i figured I should post it here.

I dunno for 100 percent sure if this is why he cannot post anymore, but his tag says he works at KC assembly. The only ford KC assembly I know of is VRAP, and VRAP will be closing soon. They are already starting to lay off people, espcially non floor workers etc. (engineering/quality etc etc)

The reason I know this is because I work at a plant in columbia mo that supplys VRAP with parts for the ford escape/mazda tribute. That program will be dieing at the end of the year to be replaced by a updated version (U-377 is program name) of the tribute/escape. U-377 will not be built in KC anymore, but up in michigan or someplace close .

This really sucks for me too, cause I had to go get another job, as they are going to close our missouri plant because of this. Ford is gonna be cutting 60,000+ Jobs and like 10 facotrys in the next few years to try to turn a profit, and unfortunatly this means alot more people will be loseing their employment as well, as ford supplyers shut down in response to the local plants shutting down.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Kzinti

sorry to hear about your loss- that sucks, and could be just about any of us anymore- Ive been at the same place 26 years now, got lucky, found a good job I enjoyed while still in highschool...but these days no saying the work wont dryup tomorrow either...sure hope not as Ive spent my entire adult life trying to help build it, would suck to see it close up...I imagine a lot of Ford folks are in the same situation...after so long the job becomes way more than 'work' and good days/bad days, you gotta do your best to help keep it growing...but if the work moves offshore its all done.
I do still think Kzinti would help Ford- he aint gonna save the company for sure, but he improved customer relations for like the first time ever, and did a fine job of it. wether he got shut down, or reprimanded, or the plants closing dont matter- Ford needs to hear from those of us that want them to do better by fixing their problems- he's a great start. Now if someone could just fix the dealer /service/warranty issues, maybe the bleeding in north american profits could start to turn around...too bad the internet and Kzinti werent around 20 years ago- Ford might not be where they are today.

anyone that wants the emails of the VP's who helped me(and some others in here) to send a 'we want Kzinti' message to, PM me.
their names/bios link at my sig link.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Kzinti

I have no problem with kzinti, and from what i have seen what he was doing was very helpful and he must be a nice guy.

I can only think that if he was put in charge of doing this on a offical basis it would make ford more money.

All I am saying is don't think that some upper guy at ford decided it was BS and cut him off. It MIGHT have been that, but it coulda just been him loosing his job too.

Either way, it sucks.