Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD AUX

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 03:45 AM
BlackGTCoupe
1st Gear Member

Default IPOD AUX

Quick question for those who have done this. Anyone with the shaker 500, (or 1000 for that matter) can you let me know if it is easy to hook up an IPOD to the auxillary port of my shaker unit? Is it something i can do myself, not being that technically inclined? Let me know, thanks

-Christian
Old 06-14-2006, 08:16 AM
madmike
1st Gear Member

Default RE: IPOD AUX

Good question, anyone out there got an answer for us???
Old 06-14-2006, 09:49 AM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

www.peripheralelectronics.com Just release a part that will work on your car and give you full control of your ipod through your factory radio.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Stadty05Stanger

If you want to use the P.I.E. FRD04 AUX then go here...

http://www.jtephoto.com/mustang/idiots_guide/Idiots.htm

I completed this install with a friend in about 1.5 hrs. We have no background in electronics or cars at all. My only complaint is that I have an airbag light that blinks code (23) now, however no one else is complaining about it. Also I did not solder the wires together I just used and in line splitter i believe..available at radioshack.

The only thing that worries me about the product above is the fact that its constintly charging and the light is always on (at least from what I could breifly read here at work). This concerns me as far as burning out the battery in the iPod. Anything that recieves a constand charge, even if it is one of those smart adapters, seems to me to end battery life quicker.

It is pretty cool though that you can use the contols of the CD changer to play it though.

Which ever way you decide to go good luck!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:09 AM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

Stadty is correct about the adapter. I have heard of people talking about the airbag error before. I am thinking about doing this setup soon and have done a ton of research. Their is another company, UsaSpecs.com, that will soon offer a PA11 – FORD 3, that will work with the mustangs.

Just to let you know, you should visit crutchfield.com and look at their list of different options for ipods to our cars. They have a nice website that shows you different methods. But the one that stadty is talking about seems to be the favorite so far!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM
cwall583
1st Gear Member

I used the PIE without a problem. It is a bummer to have to take everything apart to do the install.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

the Peripheral one works with no air bag issues and gives you full text, browse, artist, playlist etc... on the radio display.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:11 PM
jbuck
1st Gear Member

Jay I have been checking out the peripheral web site looking for the adapter you were mentioning. However if you look at the application guide it clearly states that the ipod2car interface is not compatible with factory radios with "built in" 6- disc cd changers. So in essence it will not work with any of the Shaker systems as they all have the in dash 6 disc head unit.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbuck

Jay I have been checking out the peripheral web site looking for the adapter you were mentioning. However if you look at the application guide it clearly states that the ipod2car interface is not compatible with factory radios with "built in" 6- disc cd changers. So in essence it will not work with any of the Shaker systems as they all have the in dash 6 disc head unit.
Sorry that is Genreation one product. The Generation 2 that was released last week works and has been in both shaker systems in test cars for months. http://aampofamerica.com/web/press/p...eral.asp?ID=78
Old 06-14-2006, 03:32 PM
mim3

Does anyone have an internet source for the Gen2 from Peripheral? Nearest shop that can get one is 50miles and they quoted me $210.

Quick Reply: IPOD AUX