Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD AUX

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: IPOD AUX

I have an 06 gt with s1000 and had the peripheral ipod adapter installed the other day. I love it. It does give you full control of you ipod through the system and displays the song info on the display. The installer ran the wires to the armrest box so my ipod sits inside there out of the way. I definitely recommend it. I'll get pics at some point but i never use cameras for anything.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Wow thanks for the link guys, that is exactly what I want for my Ipod.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:42 AM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

placed the order - now what is your opinion - wire it into the glove box or the arm rest - i am leaning towards the arm rest because i have a vert and generally keep it locked and it would be a pain to lock and unlock each time you use the car.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:48 AM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

Arm rest is probably the best location.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:55 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I have been waiting for this. I was set on the P.I.E. but as an experiment bought the monster-car iplay and it was crap.[:'(] Have been wondering how hard the install was on the PIE. I appreciate the awesome write up with picks!

But this precision instruments piece sounds like the way to go. For those that installed it in the armrest, where did you go and what did it cost?

Thanks guys.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:06 PM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

Just use the great instructions for installing the PIE adapter (search PIE) and you will find it - pictures and all; and run the cable under the console through the hole in the armrest. a real no brainer that you can do yourself in less than a couple of hours.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:16 PM
CDW63
2nd Gear Member

I just made an appt. at Unique Car Audio, Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix metro area) for them to install the peripheral adaptor in my car next Tuesday. They just got them in, first install for them and they quoted me $199 price, including install. I will post results after intall next week.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:14 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

I went out and bought the adapter that holds the Ipod and plugs right into the power port. It works terrific and looks good. My only complaint is with the downloaded music. Seems the older the tune, the weaker the volume. I'm "older" so I download a lot of "older" songs. The newer recordings make your ears bleed, but the older ones are loud but don't approach the same volume level. As far as the AUX ,,I didn't even realize there was one!
Old 06-16-2006, 12:38 AM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CDW63

I just made an appt. at Unique Car Audio, Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix metro area) for them to install the peripheral adaptor in my car next Tuesday. They just got them in, first install for them and they quoted me $199 price, including install. I will post results after intall next week.
Yeah they are brand new we just started shipping them last week. We put products through months of testing before we bring it to market. We go to several car dealers and install them in many different cars with different options etc... To make sure they are ready for market.
I am sure you will love it.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CDW63

After having the Peripheral Ipod Adaptor installed in my car for a few days now, i've had to take it back to the dealer twice. For some reason, the aux stops working if the car sits overnight. Had to have the dealer reconnect the aux cable a couple of times and again this morning it stopped working. Display reads "No Aux Audio" and switches back to radio.

The installer's ordering a new one for me and will be installed monday or so, hopefully results will be better. Let me know if this happens to you also once you get yours done.

Quick Reply: IPOD AUX