Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two seriously injured after rolling Mustang in west end

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Two seriously injured after rolling Mustang in west end

Well, luckily, this story has a very good ending…

Nobody, other then those actually involved with street racing, got injured or killed, that my friends is an absolutely GREAT story…
Old 06-15-2006, 09:48 PM
austijc
2nd Gear Member

The GT should come with a warning sticker: Don't drive like a dumbass...you're not as good of a driver as you think you are.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: austijc

The GT should come with a warning sticker: Don't drive like a dumbass...you're not as good of a driver as you think you are.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] but sooooooo true!
Old 06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Actually I think that should be on the back of the NJ state drivers licenses right next to where you check off what organs you want to donate in case of death or dis-memberment.

Or maybe it should come up as a message on the dash display every time the car is started. Something like "You are not a dumbass, so dont drive like one today". That little message would sure make me feel better every day. Sure better than saying it in the mirror every morning. But anyway.....

I was reading last week (in autoweek I think) that chevy has reported a large number of ZO6 corvettes totalled due to driver error. And now that they are working on the Blue devil corvette (a ZO6 +100hp) they are seriously considering mandating that all ZO6 and blue devil buyers attend a GM corvette driving school before taking delivery of their car.

It is one thing driving hard in an unpopulated area, but since these the "fast and the ****" movies have come out it seems that everyone is out to prove that they can do precision racing through street traffic on city streets and not end up hurting someone or themselves.

Once in a great while I will run someone if conditions warrent. But I always back down once the bobbing and weaving through traffic starts, you cant tell what someone is going to do around you.

Anywho, at least no bystanders were killed.

Nick
Old 06-15-2006, 11:10 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

And yet their are youngsters here that post complaints about tickets they got acting like jackasses on the streets. They have no idea that in the long run lives and cars may have been saved by that ticket.

(And by the grace of God go I!)
Old 06-15-2006, 11:19 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

OH come on, you were young once. Being young and stupid at times is what makes life entertaining. I am 23 and I am going to enjoy it while it lasts so long as I dont hurt myself or anyone else in the process.

And remember, some cops will always be jack ***'s, it says it right in the police training manual, right between that right to remain silent stuff and the proper direction to point a flare gun.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

It has nothing to do with being young, classj, it has to do with respect for yourself, your car, and others around you. I enjoy a stoplight contest as much as anyone, but running your car up full throttle to the point that you could roll it twice is just poor judgement. I don't care how good you think you and your car are, you are no match for physics.

How young does that guy feel now, seeing as he's probably paralysed for the rest of his life? He's lucky to be alive, actually, he was doing well over 90 MPH.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:04 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

It has nothing to do with being young, classj, it has to do with respect for yourself, your car, and others around you. I enjoy a stoplight contest as much as anyone, but running your car up full throttle to the point that you could roll it twice is just poor judgement. I don't care how good you think you and your car are, you are no match for physics.
Hey, calm down.

First off, chill out with the lecture, I was half joking, I was just saying to I dont care how old you are, sometimes police are not the nicest guys. And while I respect what they do for a living I think that sometimes they cross boundries that they have no right to even approach. And yes, there are alot of nice cops out there including a couple neighbors and friends of mine.

I dont care if you are 20 or 200, you dont have to be young to speed a bit and get a ticket. And when the older guys get tickets they are acting just as stupid and are bitching and moaning just as much. And while young people do drive more agressivly, I see plenty of older guys doing stupid things in cars, believe me, I could write a book especially where I live. I have driven with alot of older wiser drivers that scared the crap out of me in an automobile. If someone was driving like a jackass and got a ticket they deserve it, it has nothing to do with how old you are.

Secondly, unless you misunderstood my first post, I dont condone what these guys did and I think that they deserve what they got. If he was doing 90 in a public area he was driving stupid. Plain and simple. He gets a darwin award from me. The second post was just me being playful.

If you think I condone stupid behavior like that, you are mistaken. But I am not going to stand here on a pedistal and preach that I have never street raced someone either. But high speeds and car chase type manuvers in populated areas are not my style. I am a once in a blue moon stoplight or on the empty highway kind of guy.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I'm cool, classj, it's not an old vs young arguement from me. I was just recalling a few of the more recent threads I've seen here. Usually when an older dude gets a ticket, he's just not foolish enough to come here and look for sympathy. We are on the same side of the coin on this one. You **** around in a high performance car, you take your chances. I saw your post before mine and I agree with you 100%.

And I tend to agree with you about cops in general. Alot of them are dicks, that's why they love their job. But some are not. I've had my experiences with some dick cops, but I've also had some experiences with a few cool ones too. That could be a thread on its own, so I'll leave it at that. But if you are doing something that invites them to pull you over, you again are taking your chances and putting yourself in that situation knowing that a cop will pull you over and is likely to be a dick.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:00 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

No problem. I too get a bit annoyed about the "so I got pulled over for doing 90 thread, and the cop was an ars" threads.

Quick Reply: Two seriously injured after rolling Mustang in west end