Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I make them stop?

Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How do I make them stop?

ORIGINAL: Mister Roper

Maybe the other guy was late for work and just wanted to get around you. It wouldn't have mattered what kind of car you were driving.
Nope. There were plenty of chances for him to legally pass (even with his POS car). He could have easily passed me. He wanted to sit back there and get "racey".
Plus I was doing 60-65 in a 50, so I wasn't that slow... I just didn't want to race, I was just in normal cruise to work mode.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:19 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

a gernade would solve the problem...

Old 06-15-2006, 05:26 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

**** it drive slower. he hits your car then he's ****ed.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:30 PM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

This car looked like the typical "I have no insurance" dip-wad owned it. So I'd end up with a bent Stang and nothing to show for it.

I think next time I'm going to wait until they get real close then yank it into the passing lane and nail the brakes. That should wake them up.... and I think I gotta order an exhaust.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:33 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikewillsmith

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

This car looked like the typical "I have no insurance" dip-wad owned it. So I'd end up with a bent Stang and nothing to show for it.

I think next time I'm going to wait until they get real close then yank it into the passing lane and nail the brakes. That should wake them up.... and I think I gotta order an exhaust.

Then throw **** on em as they pass by...
Old 06-15-2006, 06:03 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Here is a option; Grab your cell phone call the local police dispatch and tell them a discription of the car, the driver, and location w/ direction you are heading. Let them know the other driver is driving erratic, dangerous & risking you life and the life of others on the road. Then a few miles down the road when you see them pulled over be sure to call back in tell the dispatch to inform the police officer they have the correct car. (The officer usually will NOT give the person a ticket just a warning unless it is confirmed that they have the correct person) BUT Don't make any gestures or horn honking as you go by because they may 'assume' it was you and they my find your car sometime while you are away from it and retaliate in someway.
05SDI
Old 06-15-2006, 06:06 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

Here is a option; Grab your cell phone call the local police dispatch and tell them a discription of the car, the driver, and location w/ direction you are heading. Let them know the other driver is driving erratic, dangerous & risking you life and the life of others on the road. Then a few miles down the road when you see them pulled over be sure to call back in tell the dispatch to inform the police officer they have the correct car. (The officer usually will NOT give the person a ticket just a warning unless it is confirmed that they have the correct person) BUT Don't make any gestures or horn honking as you go by because they may 'assume' it was you and they my find your car sometime while you are away from it and retaliate in someway.
05SDI
a nice wish it could be, but the cops WILL NOT write a ticket in any case unless they see a violation....
Old 06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yes, I had this same problem for the first few months I had my 05. I still have the same problem now, just not as often. What they like to do to me is get on the gas when I'm the first taking off from a redlight and they nail it to pass me before I even get up to speed (this is when I take off like a normal human being, and not a bat outta hell). I also get alot of ppl who see me up ahead of them, and they start speeding up to catch up to me.......even if normally they wouldn't even wanna go that fast.

What do I do?..........well, when I can I put my right foot down. A big brand new F150 with a highrise kit and loudass exhaust tried to do the redlight leapfrog move on me the other morning. I waited till he got just about half a length in front my front tire and then nailed it. I could hear him straining to keep me from escaping....but there was nothing for it. I EMBARRASSED the ********.

Now, when I can't put my right foot down.......I ignore the idiots. Completely. You don't know how much it burns some of these idiots' nerves when they are revving at you from the side/behind and you do nothing in response. I find it hilarious.

Just give it time, you'll learn to tune out the morons at some point.........or you'll start packing heat and end up blowing someone's head off[8D]
Old 06-15-2006, 07:08 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Gradually slow down until you get about 10 - 15 under the limit put on your flashers, pull to the side and let em pass. They'll go find someone else to screw with. No sense risking a nice stang, ticket or trashing your car for a loser. Ignore em as they pass, they want eye contact.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

You can't stop them. It's part and parcel to driving an attention-getting car, so you better learn to live with it. I've gotten it for years in my '88. You have two options, both have been mentioned, it's up to you which will be best for a given situation.

1) Absolutely roast them (without any dramatics like high revs, rapid lane changes or tire noise) so that you put yourself far enough ahead of them that you don't have to worry about them catching up and starting again.

2) Completely ignore them and drive like grandma.

No matter which option you go with, you do not acknowledge them in the least bit. Do not make eye contact and do not drive in any manner that would appear to be a reaction to them unless a collision is imminent. If you have to, play with the radio or look to the other side to avoid any eye contact. Sunglasses are valueable for keeping an eye on them in the mirrors and otherwise without giving yourself away.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I make them stop?