Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I make them stop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:55 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How do I make them stop?

ORIGINAL: P Zero

Cuz everybody wants to beat a mustang.....just the way it is. I usually ride about 3 cars back from most people so I can make the idiots behind me slow down sooner. Heres how I got most peolpe to quit tryin to race, I got 2 chamber flowmasters (40 series).....thats all it took. When I had the stock muffs on, people would wanna race me all the time, after flows hardly any. They hear the car, and think twice about fu..in w/ me. Now only custom/modded cars wanna race, which is far and few between.
-P.
I agree... Especially for Imports.... Racing and beating a v8 Stang provides such bragging rights to those idiots.... If they can hang with a Stang, then they know their 4 cylindar is pretty damn fast... The Stang is and probably always will be the performance benchmark for Import cars....

I get hit up almost every time I am on the freeway at night...

... AND STREET RACING IS A BAD IDEA ANYWAY.....
Old 06-16-2006, 03:41 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Take off your antenna and ginve them an antenna whippin!!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: randy78045

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

Here is a option; Grab your cell phone call the local police dispatch and tell them a discription of the car, the driver, and location w/ direction you are heading. Let them know the other driver is driving erratic, dangerous & risking you life and the life of others on the road. Then a few miles down the road when you see them pulled over be sure to call back in tell the dispatch to inform the police officer they have the correct car. (The officer usually will NOT give the person a ticket just a warning unless it is confirmed that they have the correct person) BUT Don't make any gestures or horn honking as you go by because they may 'assume' it was you and they my find your car sometime while you are away from it and retaliate in someway.
05SDI
a nice wish it could be, but the cops WILL NOT write a ticket in any case unless they see a violation....
There are at least a few tickets aside from I can think of off the top of my head that a cop could give an ******* like this. Including Reckless Driving, Swerving In Lane, and Following Too Closely.

Oh, and by the way, I'm also in the "slow down more" crowd. I often tap the brakes just enough to make the lights come on if someone's too far up my ***, and in the rare instance that they don't get the fsking idea, I'll slow down to a goddamn crawl. Screw 'em.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Blackness
1st Gear Member

Same thing happens to me with ricers....I raped them.. end of story.. "don't mess with that black mustang!" they must be saying..
Old 06-16-2006, 08:24 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

This is why i carry a paintball gun in my car. No joke if you put my life in danger [:@][:@][:@][:@] I FU#$ UP YOUR SH$%!!!!!!! Did it to a guy in an F-150 no kidding!!

A moment of silence for this poster. He's gonna run into someone carrying more than a paintball gun some day.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BLACK06GT4ME

ORIGINAL: jdback19

This is why i carry a paintball gun in my car. No joke if you put my life in danger [:@][:@][:@][:@] I FU#$ UP YOUR SH$%!!!!!!! Did it to a guy in an F-150 no kidding!!

A moment of silence for this poster. He's gonna run into someone carrying more than a paintball gun some day.
Agreed ... bad idea on his part. All it takes is one call to the cops that he had what appeared to be a firearm, and his day is completely over. Of course, as the previous poster said, that's if someone with a real gun doesn't "one up" him when the pellets start flying.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:24 AM
EODSarge

There are at least a few tickets aside from I can think of off the top of my head that a cop could give an ******* like this. Including Reckless Driving, Swerving In Lane, and Following Too Closely.
Unfortunately, in most states, traffic offenses are misdemeanors; and cops can't arrest (a citation is an arrest where the person is released on their signature instead of bail) on a misdemeanor that wasn't committed in their presence, unless there's some other evidence. In these cases, it's generally one word against the other. When I was on Traffic, we would get calls like this on a daily basis; I would try and find the car they described, and then look for them to commit an infraction in my presence. Sometimes that's not too hard; as jackasses like this generally don't watch their rear-view mirrors.

Sometimes it's even easier than that; I've had people tailgate me in a marked patrol car with a lightbar on the roof and "Traffic Enforcement" in big yellow letters across the rearwindow... and then act offended when I give them a ticket for being 10 feet behind me in 70mph traffic. I'll never understand that. Unfortunately, I can't say what's running through my mind at moments like that.