Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch Who You Deal With!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WHO NOT TO BUY FROM!!!!!!!!

thats so lame
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 PM
stangman05
1st Gear Member

Hey Skycam welcome back dude. Haven;t heard from you in a while. I wondered what you have been up to. I;m the guy that is a member of the Air Guard Unit in Springfield,Ill. I live down near Staunton. Good to see you back on.

You just aren't having any luck with these Ponies are you. Just some info, if your up to it. Litchfield is having their Route 66 weekend show and cruise. The weekend of june24 25 or whatever that weekend falls on. Do you go out to Air Rendevous at Capital Airport? I've got drill that weekend. Same as the Litchfield show. I would rather go to Litchfield. They also play an old movie at the drive-in and its pretty cool cause its filled with classics. Like stepping back in time. I believe the show and cruise are for 72 and older though.

Anywho enough rambling.

Tim
Old 06-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

That sounds good if I have something running. Yeah I generally go to most of the Air Rendevous at Capital Airport just depends on if we are on call or not. Hurricane season is starting early so this maybe a real bad sign as to where we are going to be!

You haven't heard from me because I was waiting to post a picture of the Mustang GT-SR1. You just have to picture it in your head. No Car! So you have a drill that weekend?

I didn't come on to show off or Bash just to say if you buy a car from Bash Performance and he says it will be 30 days that really means 6 months and who knows what you are going to get! Seems like all these guys are scammers.

I had a chance to fly down in a L39 and back since its an 18 hour drive and the L39 was 1 1/2 hours down but odd he was gone? imagine that. Then I find out they don't even have a baking room for the paint! How low budget is this place. Guess I should have checked them out better. Find out the date and I will try to be there.

Oh whats the lame part?

John
Old 06-15-2006, 10:58 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

You got a streak of bad luck. Just go down and overpay for a GT500 or get a Saleen Extreme and they both have warrantys and I would trust both makers to not stiff you. I agree the GTR is cool, hey maybe the new Saleen Parnelli Jones car? Looks good and kinda like the GTR. 55K or so, with a forged bottom end and high 300 HP stock 302
Old 06-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

You are right the Ford dealer I bought the White and Blue GT from had about 15 Roush cars and one White and Blue they had custom built. Roush did it all but the motor and they converted it with Shawn Hyland Motorsport 351 with 4 valve heads and a 14lb Wipple blower. This car was as bad as they get. I had a 20ft feather light trailer we were picking up the GT on when he said I will make you a package deal. They wanted $75,000 and it was nice but they offered it to me at $60,000.00 so I call Steve Bash and guess what my car is just about done leaving next week. He answered the phone by mistake!!!! So I waited and yes its gone now!

You are right I just really had faith in these guys to build the Mustang I wanted. I guess we all get stupid sometimes.

John
Old 06-16-2006, 12:20 AM
madmustang
I ♥ Acer

I hate to tell you but I saw the pics Bash sent you on ebay and on Fords OFFICIAL GT-R site. Are you sure he even has a shop or builds cars? Some of these guys just sub everything out then charge you twice what it cost and a Mustang even a GT-R at $90,000 seems like you are getting the shaft. [sm=badidea.gif]I have a buddy in Tampa I will see if I can get him to stop by and look at your car 2morow! This should tell if Bash is full of BS![sm=bustedsign.gif]

Joe [sm=americanasmiley.gif] I'm glad to help any Ford guy pushing the product like you do.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:29 AM
kss3valve
1st Gear Member

SkyCam: Sorry about your bad experience in this industry. Unfortunately there are some shops out there that give us a bad name and make some customers hesitant about taking their cars to a speed shop.

If you are willing to send your car to GA we can work something out.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:35 AM
old skool stang

Hi there. I lurk here a lot but tend not to post. My car is at Bash right now having some things done. My boyfriend is going there tomorrow to check on my pony - What does your car look like??? Last time I was there he had a black stang torn apart and ready to go to paint - I believe they were painting it a nice custom yellow - Could that be yours??? Let me know I can even have him get some pics for you.

Kathie

Oh by the way. His time frames are really kind of off - My car was supposed to take 3 weeks. He's had it 8 weeks today. I'm starting to lose my sense of humor as well. That's why my boyfriend is on his way there tomorrow. Gotta lay down the law I think. LOL.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:40 AM
madmustang
I ♥ Acer

That should almost kill him. [sm=groupwave.gif] Read his old posts the car was bought from a dealer in GA sent to Tampa, FL. I'm guessing he wishes he would have never sent it now. [sm=badidea.gif] I have one question I saw you in a show down here with a Speed Yellow GT40 putting down 1050HP! Where did that car go do you still have it to? The thing was unreal if you got rid of it to buy the other GT40 Why?

Guys you want attention he flew into the show in a helicopter and had his car trailered there so he could make it. Really sorry about the BAD luck!

Joe

Old 06-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

That's my car I bought it in GA from a dealer through Steve Bash and its BLACK. He thought it would look cool a black engine compartment and a yellow and black car. Pictures would be great. I have gotten over 10 emails saying stay far far away from Steve Bash after the fact. I hope I can post he did what he said but I have no faith now. HE SAID ONE MONTH YEAH WE CAN DO THAT!!! 3 months later no car and every week another excuse.

I'm not bashing his company this is just the plain truth not much else to say.

Traded the yellow GT40 and my heli for a new heli. Yeah I really wanted to make the show.

John

Quick Reply: Watch Who You Deal With!!!