Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacific Motor Sports Louvers from Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:26 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Default Pacific Motor Sports Louvers from Ebay

I received my louvers from them today. The product was what i expected however the paint was not. The color match was perfect but there are flaws in the paint. One side has what appears to look like two dents. Kinda like what small hail damage looks like. When i looked at the underside there were no visible dents in the product. The other side has a flaw too and both sides have specs in the paint like dirt or contamination or whatever. Not a paint guy so i can't explain it any better. There's a body shop down the road from my house so i'm going to take it to them and get their opinion this afternoon. I'm curious as to whether anyone else who have bought these have gotten the same results or other bad paint jobs.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:06 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pacific Motor Sports Louvers from Ebay

Yeah I am getting a set from them, should be arriving today or tomorrow, but I'll have to post my opinion when I get 'em.

There was another guy on here who bought form pacificmotorsports and seemed pretty happy. Maybe if you mention it to them they will help out. Lots of eBay sellers don't want a negative mark on their "feedback" listing and will bend over backwards if you have a legitimate complaint.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:42 PM
ticklemonster

I bought a set a few weeks ago from them for $120. I wasn't sure what to expect for that price. I was very impressed with mine when I got them. Not perfect but very close to it. I would think you could say the same for a set that cost $300 + painting.

Could you post some pictures? I would like to see how they look on your car.

By the way I was surprised by how well you could see through them when backing out.

Tickle
Old 06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

A perfect thread right about now. Since it's Father's day on Sunday and I've had my eye of these too.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:25 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

I took them to a body shop and they said it's because of the imperfections in the plastic. For $75 they're going to take care of it and repaint them. They said they'll be done by Tuesday so i'll have to wait. It's ok since i want to get my windows tinted before i get them on. I know i could contact the seller and possibly work something out but it took long enough just to get them to me and i'd hate to wait awhile to get them redone. So i took the more expensive but easier route. When i get them on i'll post some pics. I held one up to the car to get a feel for it and it's going to look awesome! Either way it's a good price for them and if you get yours and they're ok then it's worth it.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Stadty05Stanger

I purchased mine from them about a month ago and love them. I looked over the louver and paint and didnt have any imperfections. You may have just gotten a bad set sorry bro...but in the end you really can't beat the price :-)
Old 06-16-2006, 06:58 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

That's what i'm thinking. However, i feel these should be inspected by them to insure quality. I certainly wouldn't let something like that make it to the buyer. However, for the price i sort of expected it but was hoping for the best. You couldn't tell in the sunlight but out of the sun you could. I took them inside to the body shop and the guy saw the flaws right away. This shop does quality work so I know i'll be happy Tuesday when i get them back.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:58 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shockme76

That's what i'm thinking. However, i feel these should be inspected by them to insure quality. I certainly wouldn't let something like that make it to the buyer. However, for the price i sort of expected it but was hoping for the best. You couldn't tell in the sunlight but out of the sun you could. I took them inside to the body shop and the guy saw the flaws right away. This shop does quality work so I know i'll be happy Tuesday when i get them back.
Yeah might not be worth the trouble, maybe. Waiting another week or two would be a killer.

BTW mine just came in and no scratches or anything....I did notice there was no packing material in there; just louvers and shrink wrap. Maybe Fed Ex kicked it's @ss on the ride over?? Weird they would send $120 parts thru the mail like that....anyway good luck with the body shop. You'll be glad you did it when the little dents aren't driving you crazy every time you look at your car. I'm gonna post mine along with some other stuff later today or tomorrow when I get a chance.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Any pics or links for these Pacific motorsports louvers?
Old 06-17-2006, 01:57 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

Any pics or links for these Pacific motorsports louvers?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...temZ8075046010

They're the street scene gen2 louvers or look-a-likes. $120 + $25 for shipping and paint included. It's definitely worth it if they turn out ok. Color match was perfect. Fitting was perfect. I'm just disappointed that a couple of minor flaws killed it for me. No sense putting imperfect items on a perfect car, right?

Quick Reply: Pacific Motor Sports Louvers from Ebay