Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenne Bell Quesitons...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:50 AM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Default Kenne Bell Quesitons...

To any & all who have installed a Kenne Bell on an 06...

I just had my install completed by a pretty repotable shop here in Phoenix AZ & was a little dissappointed in the power it made on the way home.

Everything else on the car is stock, except for a body kit.

Should 1st gear be useless? I figured it would be but I have traction with my stock 18" Bullitt wheels & it ticks me off.

I figured 2nd gear would be up in smoke too, but alas, I just bark em into second with a powershift. The most I have seen on the boost gauge was 7.2 Psi.

I suppose I'll just have to wait until next week & get it dynoed. But if this is it with an 8psi kit, I'm disappointed. Every other post I have read told me I'd have to pull over to the side of the road & rub one out because its just that cool.

Please tell tell me that my car is just running really rich or it's the AZ heat.

If I were to guess, i'd say it feels like a 50-70hp upgrade.

Thanks for any insight!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31159/7B25C95406864FF790870BF711329A86.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/31159/E6503F5756F24D07956A7410585998B3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-17-2006, 05:02 AM
05HOTROD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Kenne Bell Quesitons...

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS GET IT DYNO TUNED AND THEN YOU WILL NEED TO RUB ONE OUT GUARENTEED. MY BUDDY HAS A KENNEBELL FOR HIS 05 AND HATED THEIR (KENNEBELL) TUNE, HE JUST HAD IT DYNO TUNED AND IT IS DAY AND NIGHT. HE WAS HAVING SURGING PROBLEMS WITH HICCUPS HERE AND THERE AND NEEDED TO KEEP RELOADING THE TUNE. ALSO, WHEN HE WOULD TAKE OFF IN FIRST GEAR IT WOULD ACCELERATE SMOOTH AND WOULD BUCK LIKE A HORSE UNTIL HE GOT IT INTO SECOND GEAR.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:55 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Nice car!
My KB seems to run a little rich, but I have no proof yet. It stumbles slightly right around the point where the boost starts coming in. I'm looking at the fuel pressure gauge and it may be a delivery issue as well--cause right when the BAP pumps the pressure up to 60PSI it pulls strong.
As far as performance, my GTech showed 100HP more on a standard 2nd gear pull (not correcting for the added weight).
For what you feel, I can often totally wheel hop half way into 1st gear when the boost gauge hits max (shows 9-10lbs). Last night I fishtailed going into 2nd gear (just put in a Hurst shifter, not powershifting). (Have stock 17" P-Zeros). Obviously, the LCAs and relocation brackets that I just ordered are my next mod. (then some drag radials when I find some more $$...anybody want to buy 4 stock bullett wheels?)

I may visit a dyno myself soon. I think that there is more in there. And the programmer must have jacked up my computer cause the check engine light is on and neither Advance Auto or Autozone are able to read it (it fails...says "link error"). I sent it back to KB and they said that it was fine??? WTF? Maybe I'm off to Ford to get it looked at...
Old 06-17-2006, 01:45 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Well then, maybe there is hope... I just expected my initial reaction to be much better after spending so much $$$.
There's obviously something amiss. Wish I had a G-tech. May be my next purchase.

Another thing, I can't beleive how quiet it is. It doesn't whine at all. Just a little bit off idle you can hear it. But the exhaust sounds a lot louder sice it is being force fed.

Can't wait to get her on that dyno. Ran outta time yesterday.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

If you are making 7+ psi, you should see at least 400 rwhp on the dyno. Also, are you running stock gears?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:33 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Yes, Stock gears...

What RPM are you guys seeing 8psi???

Old 06-17-2006, 03:44 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

I'll check it for you tonight. It also kinda depends on the load in each gear, I think??

As far as noise, it is pretty quiet. When I hear a whine it is usually the transmission...
Old 06-17-2006, 05:31 PM
skymedic
2nd Gear Member

Hey MacGyver,,

Where in Phoenix did you have it done at? I live in Litchfield Park by the new stadium.

I am looking to add either the KB or Saleen supercharger and also dyno as well. Please let me know.

Thanks,
JOhn
Old 06-17-2006, 05:47 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

I am up near Desert Ridge (North Phoenix). I used SVC Motorsports over at Scottsdale air-park... They seem like a great knowlegeable group of guys. They seem to know a LOT about stangs. I just didn't give them time to get her on the dyno & fine tune it yet. They did the work meticulously, cleanly & followed the install directions to the tee. I would recommend them for sure! Dean, the owner is a very personable guy.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:27 PM
skymedic
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info. Do they have a website? Or do you have a number?

Will they do the Saleen or just the KB?

Thanks,
JOhn

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell Quesitons...