Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moleskin for tinted windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 PM
wysts43
1st Gear Member

Default Moleskin for tinted windows

First off, i know this has probably been beat to death in another thread somewhere, but i looked and i could not find what i remember seeing before. I appologize up front for bringing this up again.

I took the time to install the velcro felt on my window channels a few weeks ago to help with tint (i plan on getting the tint redone). What i have found, and now i see is being reported quite a lot, is that the glue melts to the windows, still scratches the tint, blah blah blah. Anyways, enough about the obvious stuff. My question is about this Moleskin stuff. I remember someone putting up a link to order some strips of the moleskin material with a sticky back to put on the window channel. Does anyone still have this link. I am going to redo the tint soon and i want to get the felt off and give the moleskin stuff a try. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Moleskid for tinted windows

http://www.automoleskin.com/ford.htm

Let me know how it works, I might get some for myself when I get mine redone..
Old 06-20-2006, 08:51 PM
BradInFl
2nd Gear Member

I am interested in this product too. I have heard it is good, I went threw the hole velcro thing too and it was a pain to get out. Let us know how it is!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:57 PM
wysts43
1st Gear Member

Damn you guys are quick!! Thanks for the link. I emailed them first to verify that the one side has an adhesive and asked about the quality of the adhesive. If they give me the answer i am looking for then i will place my order right away. Hopefully this is the right way to go.... my tint looks like absolute crap!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:01 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wysts43

Damn you guys are quick!! Thanks for the link. I emailed them first to verify that the one side has an adhesive and asked about the quality of the adhesive. If they give me the answer i am looking for then i will place my order right away. Hopefully this is the right way to go.... my tint looks like absolute crap!
Roger that and +1. Got my windows tinted 5%, rolled them down for the first time after 4 days of waiting, first time I rolled them back up, HUGE 9 inch scratch on the passenger window.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Andrew_06_GT

i got my tint done, 5 % also, and i have rolled my windows up and down with no problems and no scratches. I also did not get any felt or anything, still have the stock plastic...you guys think it might be the actual tint quality?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Andrew_06_GT

i got my tint done, 5 % also, and i have rolled my windows up and down with no problems and no scratches. I also did not get any felt or anything, still have the stock plastic...you guys think it might be the actual tint quality?
Negative, I got Luminar, which from what EVERY tinter Ive talked to (about 12) they have told me Luminar is "the best brand of tint available".. they have a "state of the art" tint making process... not sure how making tint could be all that hard but whatever
Old 06-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Andrew_06_GT

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Negative, I got Luminar, which from what EVERY tinter Ive talked to (about 12) they have told me Luminar is "the best brand of tint available".. they have a "state of the art" tint making process... not sure how making tint could be all that hard but whatever

Is it the plastic that is scratching the tint? I ask because like I said I have the plastic and it hasn't scratch my tint whatsoever. I think it might be something internally thats scratching it. My wife's camaro did it and she has the felt....
Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Is it the plastic that is scratching the tint? I ask because like I said I have the plastic and it hasn't scratch my tint whatsoever. I think it might be something internally thats scratching it. My wife's camaro did it and she has the felt....
Could be... Im not really sure whats scratching it, all I know is that it is scratching it. Im not really sure how to go about finding out if its something internal..
Old 06-21-2006, 01:01 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

I haven't had time to get mine fixed so I've had the tint on for a few months and I roll the windows down almost everyday... consequently the tint has hundreds of scratches the entire length of the window, so it has to be the seal at the top 'cos I know of no other component in the door that could do that.

Quick Reply: Moleskin for tinted windows