Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

singing the praises of CDC

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

Default singing the praises of CDC

I had a CDC classic chin spoiler on my GT and after going through a puddle that ba$tard ripped right off. I was bummed but mostly curios how it could rip from the mounting locations without doing any other damage to the front fascia. I sent an email to CDC telling them I was dissapointed in the quality of materials. My agument was that if it had been improperly installed then the mounting locations would be intact and if it were sturdy enough it would have damaged the front end by being ripped off.

But of course the whole problem occured when I, in my infinite wisdom, drove through a fairly large puddle. I was upset of course but still couldn't understand how this product could come off so easily. There were little pieces still under the mounting screw so obviously the material gave way.

So who's fault? Mine for driving in the rain, or theirs for an inferior product? Well my main goal in contacting them was to start a dialogue and see if anything like this has happened before. Perhaps others had a similar problem of the chin spoiler breaking at its mounting locations...

Well after a little back and forth CDC has agreed to send me a new bumper at a discounted price (40%!!!). I honestly don't know if they should considering I did drive it through water and it surely wasn't designed for that. However, there still has to be something said for how it broke off. 15mph through a 3-4" puddle isn't exactly smart but one would think going slowly would negate any damaging effects. Now 60mph and it's a no brainer. So again...cheap material, a defective product, or a defective driver?

Well, their costomer service was beyond my expectations and they have definately gone way out of their way to keep this customer happy. So anyone thinking about buying from CDC should do so with the confidence that this is a stand up company that will stand behind their products. Tip of the hat CDC![sm=happy046.gif]
Old 06-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: singing the praises of CDC

ORIGINAL: Airborneflyguy

Well after a little back and forth CDC has agreed to send me a new bumper at a discounted price (40%!!!). [sm=happy046.gif]
I don't get it. Wasn't it just the Chin Spoiler? You didn't have to replace the whole Bumper, did you?
I think you got a great deal and thanks from all of us who wouldn't think to ask for a discount when replacing a part that came off due to bad luck! But really, it floods a LOT in Houston, man! Might want to use a truck...
Oh, and is your car lowered too? that would have given CDC a reason to say it was YOUR fault! But glad everything worked out for the best!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

No not lowered, and it was just the chin spoiler, and that's all they offered to replace. A little vague there...sorry. That's why I was buggin though. I figured it would have damaged the whole front end if it was mounted securily, AND was top notch material. Just bad luck like you said, but CDC was more worried about making me happy than all the little details. I was up front with them from the get go and and I guess they care more about their image and customer satisfaction than a piddly $100. I just had to say how suprised and happy I am that they didn't just blow me off. In today's market they could have easily and not lost a dime. I have to tell ya that I am floored at how kewl they have been about all this. I'd even venture to say that I would even put a CDC sticker on the whip just to show my appreciation. It would be under the hood so the regular joe shmoe wouldn't see it, but anyone that counted would when I show off the power house.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Sucks, now you have to get it painted again.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:31 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

I would just leave it black if it went on my car. But thats just me.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Thats great to hear..they certainly will gain some off my business...Its nice to see a company take care off there customers..

Your car looks Mint BTW..
Old 06-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

well it won't be black...not getting the pre-painted one because that's not what I ordered to begin with. I will have it rapainted and clear bra'd again though. sux to spend money twice on the same thing but it's worth it and I'm happy about how it all turned out.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:36 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Did you have only the chin spoiler clear bra'ed? (Is "Bra'ed" a word? I guess it is now.) I guy I work with has a Mazda XR8 (why is beyond me). He had the entire front end clear bra'ed up to the windshield. I have been hesitant of getting the CDC chin spoiler because I wanted it painted but was wondering how the effects of the road would make it look after a while. Now you have me wondering if the answer is to clear bra the chin spoiler after I paint it.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Airborneflyguy
2nd Gear Member

I just make 'em up as I go. Actually the whole front end is um...bra'd, and my installer had to cut some custom pieces for the CDC chin spoiler. It will catch more rocks and even direct them towards the seam where the bumper and chin piece meet. So yeah...definately get the bra if you're painting it
Old 06-28-2006, 07:07 PM
JDBullitt
2nd Gear Member

What kind of hood, or scoop do you have? I have a mineral grey '05 also, and I'm looking for a scoop or hood. I'm thinking of putting the aggressive chin spoiler on mine.

Quick Reply: singing the praises of CDC