Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CALIFORNIA DUSTER / 06 S197

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CALIFORNIA DUSTER / 06 GT

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

One caution, if you get any overnight moisture of dew in the air, don't use the duster in the morning.....it will smear, especially windows......

Guess me using this thing is out of the question then... I live in Florida where the humidity is so high our morning dew is a small flood
Old 06-28-2006, 02:50 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

When do you ever clean these? If so, what is the process? thanks, Jim
Old 06-28-2006, 02:59 PM
stupidassdrummer
1st Gear Member

The california water blade works wonders too. It cuts down my dry time by half. After washing give it a quick pass down with the water blade and then use the microfiber towel to pick up those tricky spots like in the cracks and such. If you read the instructions it shows how to get beveled and dips in the body. Works great!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, newspaper eh? Too late for me I guess. I read the little folder thingy and it didn't mention any curing. I bought it a couple days before I got my Stang, impulse purchase as well. I had always seen rodders at shows with them but never actually saw the dusters anywhere. I was in buying Flows for my Stang and the performance shop had them in the detailing section so I grabbed one. It's work great though, I've used it a good 15 or 20 times and it does seem to work better and better the more it's used.

Paint seems fine too, I don't see any splotches or anything. Is it really bad that I didn't cure it? (Again not knowing I had to).
Old 06-28-2006, 03:04 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Ive got one as well since my car is black everything shows up, i mainly use mine when i have to attend a show or something but when ridin around and then parking at the hangout it dusts the car nice and clean.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:20 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

If you must clean, the directions say :
1. HAND WASH ONLY
2. MILD SOAP (like WOOLITE)
3. LUKE WARM WATER
4. AIR DRY ONLY

REMEMBER NEVER LEAVE YOUR DUSTER ON CARPETS OR FABRIC OR LEATHER, AS IT COULD STAIN.
HANG ON HOOK TO STORE AND SHAKE WELL BEFORE EACH, EVERY AND DURING USE.

(this is from the direction card)
Old 06-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ahhh..RTFM what a wonderful idea!

Seriously though, I've owned serveral california dusters, work awesome. Something else you should not do with it (in case this bit was left out of the instructions). Don't use the duster on Hot surfaces. Paraffin wax has a very low melting point and will streak if used on hot surfaces (paint especially). I've never bothered to wash the ones I own, opting to replace them when they get really dirty.

I live in AZ where it's a dustbowl during the summer and one of those will last me a solid year before having to replace them. Just be sure to shake it out before you put it away.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:48 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

don't use them on hot paint either []
Old 06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Oh yea, it sed that too Mike.

Anyway, it seems to be the "right thing to have". after checking the website, and some other national auto supply stores' sites, the $21.99 price @ Sears, seems to be a good buy.

So, if anyone in MF land is lookin' for an authenic CA Duster (car and dash combo) your local Sears store has them on sale.

This is not an endorsement to shop @ Sears, only a suggestion if anyone is looking. I'm not trying to undercut, divert business, or harm ANY MF suppliers or advertisers.

Thanks to all for their input and suggestions. I put it on the morning paper, and plan to put it on the evening edition, to "speed up" the "curing process". Will this work ??
Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I use the dash one killing time at long stop lights every other day.

They work wonderfully

Ahaha, whew, Im not the only one. Ever get a crazy look from the person next to you?

Quick Reply: CALIFORNIA DUSTER / 06 S197