Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there any cure!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Thrasherluver

Default Is there any cure!?

I purchased my 05 GT in November of 04 and I love it. I promised myself that I wouldn't spend any more money on the car, as I loved it as it was. Then I started reading this forum and I decided to get a new exhaust. (Borla cat back) I promised myself that that would be the only mod. Then new wheels. Okay, I'll only do one mod a year as a "gift" to myself. I've completely broken my promise to myself, and I can't seem to stop alternating from performance and cosmetic mods. Will I ever get over this disease, or am I doomed?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:03 AM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is there any cure!?

NO!!! welcome to the club
[sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 07-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05ROUSHER

NO!!! welcome to the club
[sm=nxsmile.gif]
Exactly what I was going to say.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:08 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Lord knows my wife sure hopes my "almost finished" story holds true!!
Shucks, where else would I have to drop $39K...
Old 07-03-2006, 12:08 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Ha.....Welll.....I have the same disease as you, man it spreads fast.
Their isn't any cure for bein in love....(with your car that is)
Old 07-03-2006, 12:12 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

+1 to that. Sorry dude, youre hooked in the modding spiral. Friend of mine told me one time, "Once a modder, always a modder" and since I got my Mustang that statement is ringing true. It started out me just wanting some exhaust, that was a few weeks ago. Since then, I have currently ordered about... 5-6 more things (all of which are on back-order [:@]). Theres nothing wrong with wanting to mod your Stang and loving her, its a healthy natural relationship. One thing I do advise though is I have seen many friends of mine get into trouble because of this, ALWAYS make sure you have the money to blow before you do it. Nothing worse than racking up a hefty credit card bill and not being able to pay it off.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Thrasherluver

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

+1 to that. Sorry dude, youre hooked in the modding spiral. Friend of mine told me one time, "Once a modder, always a modder" and since I got my Mustang that statement is ringing true. It started out me just wanting some exhaust, that was a few weeks ago. Since then, I have currently ordered about... 5-6 more things (all of which are on back-order [:@]). Theres nothing wrong with wanting to mod your Stang and loving her, its a healthy natural relationship. One thing I do advise though is I have seen many friends of mine get into trouble because of this, ALWAYS make sure you have the money to blow before you do it. Nothing worse than racking up a hefty credit card bill and not being able to pay it off.
I'm with you on that. I don't buy any mods on credit. I just hope I find a cure!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:36 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I still say we need to start a addicts help group.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:37 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thrasherluver

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

I'm with you on that. I don't buy any mods on credit. I just hope I find a cure!
Deep down inside you dont want a cure... sorta like the Hulk
Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Modders Anonymous.........I'll be the first one there lol

Yeah, mods on credit is bad...It feels so good to put some money aside for my Pony. Than once I have enough and buy something it feels so good knowing that I earned it for her. I wouldn't get a feeling of accomplishment putting it on plastic and forgetting about it. That kind of feels like cheating to me. Anyone could do that, but where's the fun ??

It's like playing say....Need for Speed Dub Edition and using cheat codes to get cars and mods and not winning the races to win them..(Im not a game nerd, but that's one hell of a game.)

Quick Reply: Is there any cure!?