Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaky Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:22 PM
ssss9

Default Squeaky Dashboard

I have an 06 GT convertible with a squeaky dash. Every bump or turning corners causes a sqeaky sound coming from the driverside area of the dash. Does anybody have a solution for this? It is really annoying and getting worse.

[&:]
Old 07-04-2006, 06:20 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Squeaky Dashboard

Why not just let the Ford dealer worry about it?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:46 PM
CurtX
1st Gear Member

My dash has just started squeaking too, after only 3 months of having the car. Is this something the dealer typically fixes and is it covered under warranty (I see nothing in the warranty about anything like that).
Old 10-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

No Tsbs yet (always check the link at the top of the page here) but I believe it's a known issue. You should at least call the service dept at Ford and see if they've heard of it and how long it takes to fix.
I get occasional cracking noises but NOTHING when compared to the rattle I was getting in the back. It sounded like driving around with a coin on a baking sheet! Took my GT in Wed. and they said it looks like a problem with the seat belt mount.
Can you all let us know what dash you have?
I have the 2005 satin silver dash that came with the IUP.
I see in the new models a glossy black one and a carbon fiber type one.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/7F316635463E440EAD2E18E5B2C22AB1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-08-2006, 11:28 AM
CurtX
1st Gear Member

I also have the IUP satin silver dash, on a 2006. Although I can't pinpoint the actual location causing the noise, I would guess it is where the dash meets the windshield.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

I think some people had the noise coming from the top of the satin silver piece where it meets the side window defroster vent. Try wedging something in between there temporarily and see if the sqeaking stops. I think the guys used small folded pieces of electrical tape as a permanent fix to stop the sqeak.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Yea, I had/have the same problem. When I push down or pull up on the top of the dash on the passenger side it stops. I took it into the dealer and they "fixed" it by using insulation. It came back in about 2 weeks. I'm going to take it back in and nicely ask them to "FIX THE DAMN RATTLE"!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:00 PM
OMountainspring

I also had a squeaky dash. It squeaked every on the passenger side and I took it in. The dealer put a piece of foam in between the dash and the column (not sure what it's called, but it's the column between the windshield and the passenger's side window that connects the car to the roof) and it stopped it for about 2 hours. Then my dash started rattling. I took it in and they replaced the entire dash. That fixed it for 2 days. Now it both rattles and squeaks and I've just moved and haven't had time to take it in again. A guy I know said I should squirt some non-grease based lubricant (maybe a graphite base? I can't recall) all around and that ought to fix it. Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2006, 03:16 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I had the same problem on my '05 GT, my '06 hasn't started yet(hope it doesn't). The dealer put some rubber strips between the outer dash edges and the A pillar....worked briefly, but returned when the car is in cold weather(or when A/C is on).....didn't like that aspect of new Mustang...crossing my fingers on '06 though. IMO I just think the parts aren't fitting as they should(the tolerances between the adjoining pieces aren't proper). I'm sure Ford will make the changes sooner or later to remedy this.....but it is a bummer.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:29 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

Mine does the same. I work some crazy hours, but I have this Monday off so I'm going to go get it checked. My "temp fix" is putting my left knee up against the panel in question. It stops it...so I'm thinking that the problem is in that area.

JC

Quick Reply: Squeaky Dashboard