Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick of my Corsa's

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Default Sick of my Corsa's

I have had my Corsa exhaust including "X" Pipe for about a month and half now. When i first got it i was a little dissapointed in how quiet it was but appreciated the no "Drone " and decent WOT sound. But now the more i look at them i think they look a little too ricey especially how they hang down and being canister in shape. So i think its only a matter of time before they come off. I am having the Dynatech headers installed next week hopefully that will improve the sound to the point were i can look past the rice look. If not, than it just might be the Macs.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sick of my Corsa's

Care to sell the Corsas?
Old 07-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Let me see how they sound with the dynatechs....otherwise i will defitnetly be selling them.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Mufflers are always a pita, and finding the "right" sound is always an expensive endever.

I saw a car with SLP LM's on it, unfortuantly I couldent find the owner to fire it up for me so I could hear it.

One nice thing was how clean the back of the car looked without the mufflers back there. Not that they really bother me, but it is interesting.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:20 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I had Magnaflows and when I went to the Dynatech setup, they were still to quiet for me. I replaced them with Pypes Violators and am VERY pleased with them. They sound great. They had them on sale for $199. An awesome price and a great product.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I have SLP LM's and if you want loud these are THE pipes to get. There is no muffler at all, its all straight pipe, all the way back. They are awesome IMO... I dont notice anything like what other people describe as "drone" (I have never had anyone point out drone to me while in a car so I dont know it by sound just by description and I can honestly say I havent heard anything like what people described), but like classj said, its about what sound youre looking for. If youd like Brenspeed has clips of a few exhausts on their site, they have a clip of the LM's and Pypes offroad H pipe. Yes.. its a clip.. but it will at least give you an idea.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

finding the right sound can be not as expensive, i have a bassani xpipe which was a bit pricey but then i put flowmaster super 40s on those and the sound is great, i have heard all different brands including borla corsa magnaflow and slp and i havnt heard a better sound yet
Old 07-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I agree with all of you finding the right sound is difficult. Fortunely the Macs' worked for me. My Dad has tried like three different
mufflers on his Harley before he was satisfied. He said the screaming eagles were loud but he actually lost horsepower.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:50 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

My Mac's sound great and the all chrome look is well finished.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Refire05GT
1st Gear Member

Ha! And I just ordered mine, like 10 minutes ago. $585 delivered. I didn't think it was that bad, and everything I have read about the Corsas has been nothing but positive. Until now lol. I really think I am going to be happy with mine, there was a huge thread a while back about the SLP LM and how someone was claiming they actually lost HP with them. After a few pages I got the impression that not only does there need to be a straight pipe design for least backpressure, but if a muffler wasn't accoustically tuned as well, that it was possible to rob you of some power. I think thats what it all meant, sometimes it's hard to decipher heh, but anyways, it seemed like Corsa did concentrate on the tune and aside from you, every other post I can think of that I've seen has been positive. Guess I will have to see.

Quick Reply: Sick of my Corsa's