Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tokico D-spec and Eibach pro spring kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:51 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tokico D-spec and Eibach pro spring kit

BUT, as said above, where does stock fall??

Is the softest setting on the new shocks at least as soft as the old ones?? I know the whole point is to go stiffer. But usually shock companies advertise that their adjustable shocks go from 5% softer to X% stiffer than stock.

Looks nice, but it looks really low. How much of a drop is that??

Sometimes I think the stance on the GT is perfect stock up front and just a tad high in the rear. Other times I think the whole car is 3/4" too high.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, im also wondering the same thing. Ride quality is a huge factor imo and want to know if with the prokit and dspecs exactly how soft the softest setting is and how it compares so stock. It seems the handling and stiffer settings are amazing as people have said.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:27 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

as for pics I think 06GT4rad's pics are better then mine and cleary shows the difference of before and after.
as for ride ricva05 gave a very good explanation as to what different setting feel like.
Now for drop kit claims 1.2 front and 1.4 rear

Here are my before//after measurements (please note exact spots may be hard to discribe but it's the difference you should be mst concerned with, and measurements are within 1/8" I wasn't trying to be exact I just wanted an idea of the drop)
Front spoiler 7 1/4" // 6" (below inside edge blinker, front edge of spoiler)
Front wheel lip 15 9/16 // 14 1/4" (center ofwheel hub to lip, this will not be affected by wheel size)
Rear wheel lip 16 5/8" // 14 11/16" (see about but rear wheel and lip)
Rear spoiler 12" // 10 1/4 (measured just inside of exhaust cut out)
Front of door 9 7/8" // 8 1/2" (front edge of door while closed)
Rear of door 10 5/16" // 8 3/4" (rear edge of door while closed)
I hope that helps 05SDI

Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 AM
BradInFl
2nd Gear Member

side note for anyone lowering. In the rear shot from 06GT4RAD you can really see where an adjusable panhard bar is needed.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:46 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BradInFl

side note for anyone lowering. In the rear shot from 06GT4RAD you can really see where an adjusable panhard bar is needed.
As for the amount of lowering it gives about 1.5" out back and about 1" up front. Softness and Hardness of ride is so subjective it is really hard to tell someone. What may be hard to you may be normal or soft to me. The car rides nicer in some areas and a tad harsher in others. Before i would hit a bump and the suspension would go th-th thump now it seem to simply be thump not a lot of residual.
Also it is not as low as it looks. Yes it is low and you will need to be careful with steep inlcines. But it looks SO DAM GOOD!!

Yes that is a fact indeed. I had not adjusted mine yet since i wanted the suspension to settle a bit before adjusting it. It has been corrected though.

It was way off.

Richard
Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

what does the adjustable panhard bar do? Adjust rear axel left / right? Sorry and please tell me what I'm looking for in 06GT4rad pic as they look REAL good to me.
05SDI
Old 07-11-2006, 01:23 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

what does the adjustable panhard bar do? Adjust rear axel left / right? Sorry and please tell me what I'm looking for in 06GT4rad pic as they look REAL good to me.
05SDI
The adjustable panhard bar is used to re-center the rearend. When you lower your car the stock panhard bar actually forces the rearend outside of the car(one way or another), miss aligning all the rear suspension componets. Its generally not much but like a .5" or so...

Hope that helps...
Old 07-11-2006, 01:27 AM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

I'm sure many have installed this same combo.
I took me 3.5 hours to do all 4 corners, with regular hand tools, out in my driveway by myself.
Looks Great!
Handles Amazing!
Very easy to tune!
After the first 100 miles I am very impressed. I was also very surprized how easy it was to install.

Great investment if you are looking for some cornering performance.
05SDI
What ,if any, special tools did you have to have. I am pretty mechanically inclined and would try to tackle this myself, But i was curious if u had some special type of spring compressor or anythin like that.

Thanks...
Old 07-11-2006, 02:38 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Lets see you will need the following sockets and or wrenches;
10mm
15mm
18mm
and 13/16"
cressent wrench
jack stands
floor jack
2 straps

to compress the front springs I used two anchor points about 3' apart and to heavy duty ratchet straps. I wrapped the strap around the spring coils with each strap on opposite sides of the spring. So when I tightened the strap it would cause the spring to compress. Once the spring was comperssed I removed the nut and took off the part needed, then relaxed the straps one at a time. Took like 5 mins complete on the second front strut/spring combo to disassemble. Both front and rear are easy on a scale of one to ten I would say about a 2.5. I did that whole job by myself with out help and it wasn't too hard. 05SDI
Old 07-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

05SDI
The adjustable panhard bar is used to re-center the rearend. When you lower your car the stock panhard bar actually forces the rearend outside of the car(one way or another), miss aligning all the rear suspension componets. Its generally not much but like a .5" or so...

Hope that helps...
Could you tell me what effect that would have on the car?

Quick Reply: Tokico D-spec and Eibach pro spring kit