Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tokico D-spec and Eibach pro spring kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 05:27 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tokico D-spec and Eibach pro spring kit

Earlier today I turned the struts down to 4 turns from full stiff.
My wife just went on a 100 mile trip and she said she noticed that the car rode almost like stock across expantion joints and bumps in the road. She was amazed that it took less then 4 mins and the ride could change that much. (it was set at 1.5 in the front and 2.5 in rear with 0 being most firm and 6 being softest) I have yet to drive it with the new settings so I can't comment on how it corners. BUT this is the main reason I went with these struts adjustability!!!! 05SDI
Old 07-13-2006, 10:31 PM
My05GT
1st Gear Member

I just ordered my suspension mods:

- Tokico D-spec shocks
- Steeda sport springs
- Spohn ChrMoly adj. panhard bar -|
- Spohn ChrMoly adj. lower control arms -| ---Arrived today! Nice Bright Red parts

I hope to get things installed this weekend. I'll try to take install/before/after pics.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:40 PM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

How much for the install of all of this?
Old 07-14-2006, 12:12 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doc0075579

How much for the install of all of this?
For me it was $0 for the install. I did it in my driveway by myself with common hand tools floor jack and jackstands. In my opinion it was VERY easy. The hardest part for me was figuring how to compress the front spring to get the few pieces that are needed to be used with the new spring strut combo. I used a little inginuity (sp) and used some heavy duty cargo (ratchet style) straps. I think the last corner (right front) took all of 15 minutes start to finish because I knew exactly what was needed. Like I said before, start to finish was less then 3.5 hours and I took a "quick" test drive after installing the rear springs and struts and before installing the front. There are other posts where guys said they did it themselves so I thought what the heck. Very glad I did! 05SDI
Old 07-14-2006, 12:55 AM
My05GT
1st Gear Member

Ditto...I'm doing it myself. I did my Honda with Teins, and that wasn't bad at all.

One question....what do I need for the Tokicos from the stock shocks/struts? I'd like to get those parts and have the ability to swap completely with the hassle of taking them back apart.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:34 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: My05GT

Ditto...I'm doing it myself. I did my Honda with Teins, and that wasn't bad at all.

One question....what do I need for the Tokicos from the stock shocks/struts? I'd like to get those parts and have the ability to swap completely with the hassle of taking them back apart.
I have NO idea what the actual names of these parts are;
You will need the white plastic block that fits inside the black dust boot and over the polished shaft of the strut. and you will need the black part of the strut spring set up/ This is actually a few pieces that make one. It is held onto the strut buy a single bolt on the shaft and it uses 4 bolts to mount the top of out strut/spring to our car. These peices are what holds the top of the spring. I know this was a VERY weak discription of the parts but that's the best I could do with out knowing the correct name. The parts that hold the top of the spring and bolt to the car are multiple pieces and have some sort of ballbearings so it can rotate (assume to be able to line up with the holes at the mounting pont of the car) these come off the original spring/strut combo as one piece.

Once you have it off you will understand exactly what I'm having such a difficult time trying to discribe!
05SDI
Old 07-17-2006, 08:19 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Here are some pics of the install

Rear

Rear installed

Front

500 miles after install
Old 07-17-2006, 08:43 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Great thread and thanks. That's just what I want to do and I have the Roush springs and need to buy the struts and shocks. I really like the way I can adjust the car for when I drive it to when my wife and I go for the Sunday drive.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:15 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

I did hear from a couple of very reliable sources that the price of the Tokico D-spec are going up! I have heard different prices but the most expensive was like from $550 to over $800 for the exact same set of struts. Seems a lot of places are out of stock and back ordered!! Hmm Got to wonder what is going on. 05SDI
Old 07-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Mine are on back order from Brenspeed. Looks like the last week of July before they ship.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31319/DFE86B35AB114A73A0988C6A2C79A3AD.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Tokico D-spec and Eibach pro spring kit