Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duponts New Teflon Liquid Car Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:47 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Duponts New Teflon Liquid Car Wax

Lets see if this works.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/5DD865ABF1724E66BEB873A991DAEB39.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/7FB007B681A34A0A99B51D72B233E4D5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/57EA0CBC4C90428C9E45C1FE36299EC0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/1223437D823C4A7D94C736E71D77B950.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Mike. The resizer was the ticket.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Nice car John, engine bay looks sweet, nice and clean. Just wondering why you took the black thing off the top of the hood.. and what the hell is that thing anyways?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:10 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Nice car John, engine bay looks sweet, nice and clean. Just wondering why you took the black thing off the top of the hood.. and what the hell is that thing anyways?
Thanks for the compliments.

If your talking about the Bra on the car, it is used during the week days for my 60 miles to work and back everyday (all highway) I would rather not use it, but have no choice............rocks and crap.

If your talking about the black thing attached to the hood. Ford, I guess thought it would be a good idea to put one there. I took it off this weekend. Its going to stay off (its ugly). Also, I'm installing the WMS HV Intake System this coming weekend and didnt want that thing getting in the way of the intake. Also removed the rubber gasket from the rear of the hood to allow for air to exit from under the hood and up the wind shield. I dont see how water could ever enter from that area unless it was intentionally squirted in there.

The car has been in one car show, came in 2nd place in class, got beat out buy a black Mustang, the guy deserved 1st place for all the hard work that goes into keeping one of those babies looking great.

You created a picture monster now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/6CF1FA7F9AC04471BBC5504A049A50C7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-09-2006, 09:20 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

John,
Yep, pretty simple now...Huh?? Great little add on program.....

Two things; Do you notice any noise difference with the hood blanket gone??

Also, I really like the look of the Saleen UDP....nice.....

Mike

Old 07-09-2006, 09:46 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Your car looks great, never seen a yellow shine like that. You might want to put the black fire suppressor back on the hood. That's what puts out the fire if your engine lights up. Just my $.02.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:56 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

GT John Date 7/9/2006 5:36:32 PM
I tried to upload some pictures for you all. But the system keeps telling me the files are too large. The one picture I tried to upload was only 367kb..........so I dont know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Whats the secret to adding pictures like you guys did?

Oh yeah, for the sake of argument, instead of using the name Dupont, lets not use any manufacturers name and just call it:

Teflon Liquid Car Wax

Jeez.........some folks just miss the whole point of a topic.

Man, sorry about forgetting you guys with the silver cars. I havent heard that they were difficult to mirror.

I'll check out the Rejex stuff. Thanks.

Teflon Don
John, I didn't miss the point of your topic. I was adding add'l information about a product you were endorsing. In your original post, you commented about the amount of time you spent trying out different products, and I did not criticize your opinion.

I WAS critical of the company selling the product. I liken it to corporate dishonesty/greed. How many people think they are buying a product that was fully developed, tested, and sold by DuPont? That's not the case, I believe (I phrased it that way to avoid being charged with slander - I am entitled to my opinions and beliefs). I was simply adding information about a product so that people could make an informed decision before deciding whether or not to buy it.

By the way, your Mustang looks awesome (but that's simply my opinion).
Old 07-09-2006, 10:03 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT John

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Thanks for the compliments.

If your talking about the Bra on the car, it is used during the week days for my 60 miles to work and back everyday (all highway) I would rather not use it, but have no choice............rocks and crap.

If your talking about the black thing attached to the hood. Ford, I guess thought it would be a good idea to put one there. I took it off this weekend. Its going to stay off (its ugly). Also, I'm installing the WMS HV Intake System this coming weekend and didnt want that thing getting in the way of the intake. Also removed the rubber gasket from the rear of the hood to allow for air to exit from under the hood and up the wind shield. I dont see how water could ever enter from that area unless it was intentionally squirted in there.

The car has been in one car show, came in 2nd place in class, got beat out buy a black Mustang, the guy deserved 1st place for all the hard work that goes into keeping one of those babies looking great.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/6CF1FA7F9AC04471BBC5504A049A50C7.jpg[/IMG]
Yeah I was talking about the thing on the underside of the hood, as someone else called it.. the fire suppressor. I dont like the look of it either and was contemplating taking it off too.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

John,
Yep, pretty simple now...Huh?? Great little add on program.....

Two things; Do you notice any noise difference with the hood blanket gone??

Also, I really like the look of the Saleen UDP....nice.....

Mike

No noise difference here. The SLP LM's take care of that.

So thats what that thing is.........a fire blanket. Back in the olden days when my holley would backfire, looking out through the wind shield at the hood you got to see a big brown circle statrt to appear.
The late model 50's cars were good for that because of timing or lack of.

Yeah I wondered if anyone would spot the UDP's. One thing you might have missed is the K&N air breathers on each of the valve covers. The car wont pass emmisions with this setup. I'll take them off and put the right stuff back on...........but thats a few years from now. I just dont want any oil molecules going into the intake.

Hey, this is a thread about wax.

Tell me that hood blanket isnt the ugliest thing you ever saw. Now if it had a huge yellow mustang horse on it............that would be different.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/EB966CE38D0E4CAEA9591C4148795AE9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Tell me that hood blanket isnt the ugliest thing you ever saw. Now if it had a huge yellow mustang horse on it............that would be different.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/EB966CE38D0E4CAEA9591C4148795AE9.jpg[/IMG]
You might also want to look into getting the billet fog light rings
I use the top (hood) part of the bra because it goes on and comes off so easily.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/850CBA1FCA1140D5B6A6C5BAEEEB1291.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 PM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

Is the name of it just "dupont teflon wax" ? I am interested in getting one.

Quick Reply: Duponts New Teflon Liquid Car Wax