Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duponts New Teflon Liquid Car Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:36 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Default Duponts New Teflon Liquid Car Wax

Well, now the whole car has been teflon'd including th stock 17" Polished Bullitt Wheels.

Took 2 days but..........got her done. The wax goes on easily and removes easily.

My GT is Yellow, so trying to get the paint to look like a mirror is very difficult.

Normally I have been using Turtle Ice. This is a hell of a wax if your car is white or yellow. The Ice has silicone in it. I have noticed electrostatic build up of dust on my car..........oh yeah cant leave out the bugs, they love screaming yellow for some reason.

The Dupont Teflon Wax is advertised as not having this issue. We will see this week as my car is a daily driver.

I'm having pictures developed, they should be ready in a few hours. I'll post them later on today, if I can figure out how to do it.

I would think that the guys that own black Mustangs might be interested in Duponts Teflon Wax. The Black Mustang is a beautiful piece of art........takes a lot of work to keep it that way.

So, wash the car, clay the car, wash the car again, then add the Dupont Teflon Wax. That should do it for Yellow and White Mustangs. (and just maybe Black Mustangs)

I have spent the last 4 months every weekend using different types of polishes and waxes.

I wish I knew someone that had a White Mustang, we could see how that turns out.

Later (The Teflon Don)
Old 07-09-2006, 03:40 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Duponts New Teflon Liquid Car Wax

ORIGINAL: GT John

Well, now the whole car has been teflon'd including th stock 17" Polished Bullitt Wheels.

Took 2 days but..........got her done. The wax goes on easily and removes easily.

My GT is Yellow, so trying to get the paint to look like a mirror is very difficult.

Normally I have been using Turtle Ice. This is a hell of a wax if your car is white or yellow. The Ice has silicone in it. I have noticed that due to electrostatic build up my car attracks dust..........oh yeah cant leave out the bugs, they love screaming yellow for some reason.

The Dupont Teflon Wax is advertised as not having this issue. We will see this week as my car is a daily driver.

I'm having pictures developed, they should be ready in a few hours. I'll post them later on today, if I can figure out how to do it.

I would think that the guys that own black Mustangs might be interested in Duponts Teflon Wax. The Black Mustang is a beautiful piece of art........takes a lot of work to keep it that way.

So, wash the car, clay the car, wash the car again, then add the Dupont Teflon Wax. That should do it for Yellow and White Mustangs. (and just maybe Black Mustangs)

I have spent the last 4 months every weekend using different types of polishes and waxes.

I wish I knew someone that had a White Mustang, we could see how that turns out.

Later (The Teflon Don)
What about silver? Dont forget about us, ours is hard to mirror too.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:45 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Normally I have been using Turtle Ice. This is a hell of a wax if your car is white or yellow. The Ice has silicone in it. I have noticed that due to electrostatic build up my car attracks dust..........oh yeah cant leave out the bugs, they love screaming yellow for some reason.

Later (The Teflon Don)
What about silver? Dont forget about us, ours is hard to mirror too.
I use Black Magic Titanium Synthetic wax. Then a coat of Ice for polish, its awesome. Afteral Ice is more of a polish. The Titanium reall pops the metallic flake in our silver paints and makes it look awesome.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:55 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I have a silver GT. I use Rejex, found at corrosionx.com. It's the best stuff I've used for shine and making clean-up easier when the car gets dirty.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:58 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Sweet Ill have to try those.. Im actually on my way out the door to shine my baby up right now.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:26 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

Same here lol.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:55 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

What's in a name?

I ask, because it is my understanding that DuPont doesn't even make that stuff. I believe that DuPont now licenses out their name and corporate logo to anyone willing to pony up the dough. I'd be curious how much Teflon is even in those products. I haven't tried them to see if the products work or not, and I'm not willing to give my hard earned money over to a company that is (legally) using a another company's name in an effort to make the consumer think the are buying a DuPont product when DuPont doesn't make the stuff.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:36 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

I tried to upload some pictures for you all. But the system keeps telling me the files are too large. The one picture I tried to upload was only 367kb..........so I dont know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Whats the secret to adding pictures like you guys did?

Oh yeah, for the sake of argument, instead of using the name Dupont, lets not use any manufacturers name and just call it:

Teflon Liquid Car Wax

Jeez.........some folks just miss the whole point of a topic.

Man, sorry about forgetting you guys with the silver cars. I havent heard that they were difficult to mirror.

I'll check out the Rejex stuff. Thanks.

Teflon Don
Old 07-09-2006, 08:08 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

John,
Try going to the Microsoft web site, and downloading "picture resizer" Nifty little program, whereby you just right click on your photo, change the size to small, and then you can post.....

Mike
Old 07-09-2006, 08:29 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Man, sorry about forgetting you guys with the silver cars. I havent heard that they were difficult to mirror.

Teflon Don
Its ok, but yes our cars are hard to mirror because theyre so light but when its done right they look AWESOME. Our car has metallic flake in it and at night it is just amazing. Im gonna have to try some of your "teflon liqid car wax", since its been renamed lol.. thanks for the tip. Its so hard to get good detailing help these days, not much action in the detailing section.. usually takes a few days to get some life out of people in there lol.

Quick Reply: Duponts New Teflon Liquid Car Wax