Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help! Car ate my parking card.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:33 AM
BlkonBlk
1st Gear Member

Default Need help! Car ate my parking card.

So I was driving up through the parking garage this morning and I toss the card on the dash like I normally do. Well this time it slid too much and fell down the crack between the windshield and the dash. I need this card to get out of the garage. How the heck do I get back there without removing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help! Car ate my parking card.

man i dunno. I have about 4 dash plaques form car shows in mine lol
Old 07-13-2006, 12:54 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

That is the never ending bottomless pit. I found that out when i tossed my disabled placard up and almost lost it. And it is not small.
Most likley the only way to get it is to remove the dash.

Richard
Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
BlkonBlk
1st Gear Member

Wow that sucks, I guess I'm going to have to get a new card then.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

ya i had a friend put a quarter on my dash will i was driving, it slide down into the crack and you can hear it go from the left to right side of the car everytime i turn
Old 07-13-2006, 01:32 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlkonBlk

So I was driving up through the parking garage this morning and I toss the card on the dash like I normally do. Well this time it slid too much and fell down the crack between the windshield and the dash. I need this card to get out of the garage. How the heck do I get back there without removing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think your car was trying to tell you that she didn't want to be parked! Good luck getting that out of there. Love to hear how you get it out, if you do. Also, thanks for the warning about the hungry dash....I'll make sure not to let stuff sit on there.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:07 PM
bertkey1
1st Gear Member

i had a pass that slid down but i could see a little bit of it covering the VIN so i found a vaccum with a small attachment and sucked it out but i dont think it would work if it is actually gone.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:16 PM
snogoldi
1st Gear Member

Can you see the card? When I went to the car wash they put a coupon on the dash. Well, same as you down the hatch.
I wrapped 2" clear box tape on some stiff wire and I was able to fish it out.

ORIGINAL: BlkonBlk

Old 07-13-2006, 03:27 PM
BlkonBlk
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went over to the garage during lunch and I cant see the card at all. I tried removing the plastic panel on the side of the dash but I can barely see anything in there let alone stick my hand in there. As you can imagine the lighting in the garage is pretty bad so I'll see if I can have a better look once I get home. Anyways keep the suggestions coming. Thanks
Old 07-13-2006, 09:36 PM
BlkonBlk
1st Gear Member

Well I lucked out. The card got stock right at the base of the window next to the vin number with the magnetic side up. As I drove by the gate I was hoping it would still read the card and luckily it did. Just like that I was released from the dark gloomy garage. When I got home I was able to use a plastic tie wrap to move the card to where I could reach it. So there you go, be careful with placing objects in the dash, it will eat it right up. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Quick Reply: Need help! Car ate my parking card.