Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 4 x 4...check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:22 PM
RideCRF450
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My new 4 x 4...check it out!

Nah, the car isn't lowered yet (hence the post title 4 x 4) I have the prokit sitting in my garage with the panhard bar next to it...I am still waiting for the arrival of the Tokicos. The car, in my opinion, looks goofy like this. It definately needs the drop, but I was curious as to the look of the rims on the vehicle.

The tires are 10's in the back, they don't stick out at all, but they do run flush right up to the fender well. Without the pro kit on, the gap causes it to look as though they stick out. The wheels are nice though...matter of fact, a guy driving today stopped to coment on it on my way to work.

t
Old 07-14-2006, 05:23 PM
RideCRF450
1st Gear Member

btw, I don't know the offset of the top of my head, but I'll find out for ya.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:23 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Details..how much..tire sizes..alll that good stuff.. where u got them...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:45 PM
MacGyverGTP
2nd Gear Member

Thoes are pretty sick looking! I like em! What size tires?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
RideCRF450
1st Gear Member

price: $425/rim
$1200 for tires, plus I was hooked up with 2 set of locking nuts for free

size: 275/35 in the rear and 255/35 up front

Here's the deal...I went to Discount and they matched my internet price. Got the wheels in, and had severe problems with the polished lip bending. During shipping, the crappy carboard boxes were destroyed and the lips were mangled. The guy at discount went to bat for me and we eventually ended up returning 14 rims that had defects in them. I love the wheel, the painted surface is gorgeous. I am disappointed with the lip quality though. After calling MHT Wheels, we found out that the lip is applied with adhesive by hand. Because the wheel is one-piece, the lip is a very thin, flimsy piece of polished metal. I finally got 4 wheels that were nice and mounted them. After talking to another member on this forum, I was told that apparently MHT has stopped the production of this wheel line due to this problem. I called MHT, via my Discount employee, and found that ~90% of their stock was damaged (just sitting in the warehouse).

Apparently, they said they were either getting a machine to apply the lip, or they were moving to a 3-piece wheel.

All I can say, is that if my rim bends during the course of my driving (if it is not my fault of course, ie curb damage) then my buddy at Discount will hook me up with a new set. He said that it was crazy that I went through this (I've had them ordered since April!) and he would ensure that the wheels are up to my standards.

Overall, the wheels are very, very nice.The paint is so nice, I have only had problems with the lip.

Cameron
Old 07-15-2006, 06:23 PM
RideCRF450
1st Gear Member

I just noticed something that I had not seen before...if you look closely in the pictures you can see it. The center 'Foose' cap on the rear 10' rims are silver, wereas the front wheels have a darker gray cap (that matches the paint). This is starting to tick me off. I love the wheels, but come on, what's with all the crappy flaws...I'm going to Discount on Mon. and having them order 4 new center caps for me. This is crazy...any other Nitrous Gray owners noticed this?