Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The BOSS is finally finished - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:08 AM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The BOSS is finally finished - PICS

Interesting.... I tried mine on the dash of my SportTrac and I had horrible reception problems. I assumed the Stang would be the same. Which route did you guys use to run the wire?

If you'll let me know the best route to run the cable, It'll be on the rear deck this weekend.

Thanks dudes.... [sm=hail.gif]

UB10
Old 07-21-2006, 01:19 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

UB,
Well, I am using an FM Modulator which is basically hidden under the center console. The antenna wire for the XM runs forward under the center console, behind the radio, towards the passenger side up above the passenger's feet, behind the passenger kick panel, under the passenger door sill, to the left side of the rear seat, into the truck compartment, velcro-ed to the frame behind the back seat, up to the rear deck, one sided self sticky velcro on the back of the XM antenna, and stuck accordingly onto the rear deck......................phew....didn't seem like that much work when I did it......

Also, another one of our fellow MF'ers actually did a cut out of the child seat anchor on the rear deck, and fit the antenna in the cutout.....really clean job......

Let me know how it goes, cuz I know you're going to re-route it this weekend....

Mike

Old 07-21-2006, 01:43 AM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

Sounds simple enough... I have the same setup, only Sirius. I may try the car seat anchor trick since my antenna's kinda roundish.

Bet your *** I'll have it done this weekend, maybe even tomorrow. Damn, I'm so ate up I can't wait to do anything.

Pics will follow....

UB10
Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have a Kenwood reciever with the XM tuner. It still has that same bug antenna and wire. I ran mine along under the center console, under the seat, through to the trunk, out the trunk, up along side the rear window in the gap then along to top of the window in the gap and mounted it on the back of the roof. I didn't need to put anything to cover the wire in the gap and it stays in place.

The position of the antenna depends on where you live. If you are in the southern part of the country, there is a more direct signal from overhead to the satellite. If you are in the northern part, there is a good angle to the satellite. The rear window option would work for someone in the south but will have a hard time in the north getting reception.

Let us know how it works out for you especially if you get caught up in traffic next to a semi truck to the south of you.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:15 PM
C0braFan

ORIGINAL: underbird10
Hey CObraFan, you got any pictures of your car that you can post? I'm still debating the scoop and spoiler paint, but so far I'm enjoying the contrast between the charcoal metallic stripes and the white scoop/spoiler. Maybe one day....
I think I see that you have rear window louvers on yours. I don't think I'll put those on mine, but I'm sure they look good on yours with the black scoop and spoiler.
UB10
Here are some photos of the rear louvers and black-out of the deck lid and taillight panel. This was all done with vinyl, not paint. The side louvers and front fascia are from Roush. The shaker CAI is from Classic Design Concepts, and I love it! As you can see from the side photo, incoming air is routed around to the air intake. I don't know how effective this is, since the air tube is routed around 180 deg, but at least they tried to make it functional. The shaker system is easy to remove, just two bolts shared with the throttle body, and the kit comes with a hood template.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43588/E7C30E8A1A2A4EB78B66C0FD48FB14CB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43588/41BF05720D22485B88787E4D3BDF82B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43588/21A37151D27C4C49961A686A0AD85055.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43588/9DA8D0577EFC47CABAA6183A0A8CD6AC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-21-2006, 05:21 PM
stangmomasc
2nd Gear Member

Very well done......looks great.....
Old 07-21-2006, 05:35 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Here is the black out that was done on mine. I had it painted.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:07 PM
C0braFan

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT
Here is the black out that was done on mine. I had it painted.
Sweet! I love the rear end on your car, with the air diffuser. Is that Roush? If there's one thing on the 05/06 that is ridiculously dull, it's the rear bumper.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:32 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Nope....not Roush at all. That is the rear valance lip from Street Scene.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:30 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Hey UB, just wondering what your stripe job cost you? I was looking at doing something like this and wondering what it would set me back. I have heard 1200 for full on stripes but I just want the hood and sides.

Quick Reply: The BOSS is finally finished - PICS