Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick sound coming from engine, need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tick sound coming from engine, need help

I am looking up the parts here at work and according to my info it is not a constant run system, so with the ac button set to off it should not run, very possibly something couldve gotten splashed and is shorting the circuit over, i would take it in for a check up
Old 09-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Barbarino
I ♥ Acer

I'm going to take her in and see what they say.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:01 PM
ScreaminYella06
1st Gear Member

I have a knock around the trunk area once a month. It's the finance guy wanting his payment!!! HeHe He
Old 09-16-2006, 11:07 PM
ScreaminYella06
1st Gear Member

Now that's funny. I care who you are!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:17 AM
snooj
1st Gear Member

By all means, have your dealer fix it! There is absolutely no reason why you should keep that noise. I have it too, and I'm still in the process of having it be fixed, free of charge. There's some TSBs on it, too, I believe. If your dealer tries to give you ****, give them **** back. Yes, many of the new mustangs have this problem, but that doesn't mean you have to put up with it.

If you want, once I get it fixed, I'll message you about what was done with my car to make it stop.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Barbarino
I ♥ Acer

snooj, did you get it fixed, i'm dropping mine off tomorrow wonder what they will say, I didn't buy a car for 28k and I have to put up with a loud ticking sound.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Barbarino
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: snooj

By all means, have your dealer fix it! There is absolutely no reason why you should keep that noise. I have it too, and I'm still in the process of having it be fixed, free of charge. There's some TSBs on it, too, I believe. If your dealer tries to give you ****, give them **** back. Yes, many of the new mustangs have this problem, but that doesn't mean you have to put up with it.

If you want, once I get it fixed, I'll message you about what was done with my car to make it stop.
I looked up all the TSB and I can not find one for this problem, can you link me up.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:06 PM
snooj
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Barbarino

ORIGINAL: snooj

I looked up all the TSB and I can not find one for this problem, can you link me up.
Barbarino, I don't have the links for them, sorry. When you confront the dealership, you should just be able to say that there are TSBs on it. That's all I did, and they immediately (after having turned me down in the past) took my car in. I guess once you prove you really want it fixed, they'll do it, as they can't bull**** you anymore.

However, when I got my car back, it was worse than before. They didn't bother checking it! It went back in this morning, so I'm hoping they'll get it right this time around. If not, I may hurt them. I know they can fix it, too, as some others have gotten it fixed. Ugh. I hope this time I'll get lucky.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Barbarino
I ♥ Acer

Took mine in today, they called and said it's "normal" so I being a salesperson in the corp world put my sales hat on and got the techs to get on my side. At 1st the guy who called me didn't even listen to it, until I asked him to go listen to it, then he came back and said yes it's loud and annoying and it's louder than another stang on the lot. So now in the am, they are calling Ford to see what they can do. I did tell them about all the other owners on the net with the same problem and I did tell them if it was "designed this way" as they stated, just have Ford write me a simple letter stating so and I'll be happy.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

I found the fix.

Just install some SLP LMs and you won't notice the tick anymore. It is normal for the a/c compressor to kick on & off.

Quick Reply: Tick sound coming from engine, need help