Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:47 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Seatbelt buzzer

Same thing here, when I clean my car out I leave the key on so the radio plays and I hate listening to that buzzer interrupt my song. I dont believe you have to disable the passenger one since it has the weight sensative airbag pad in it and it will only go off if there is someone in the seat with the belt unbuckled.

And yeah, the Ford 500 buzzer is extremely loud too.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:46 PM
mustang05silver

ok for all those that say fasten seatbelt cause saves lives how many of ya wear helments everytime ya ride a motorcycle or even a pedal bike yes they all at sometime save a life but can help end a life called over confident i have a belt or helment on so im safe blah blah the cycle peoples keep helment laws off table cause they pay lots for lobbying they say its their choice some states have helment laws others dont as one who was injured by wearing my belt i will be the one who decides to wear it or not when the goverment gets real and make people wear helments then i might obey the seatbelt law just like with anything it can save lives or help take them should be personal choice just like helments i will be putting this buzzer instructs to use i mean no disrespect to the ones who say wear the belt but get tired of seeing same ones go rideing a motorcycle without helment sorry had to vent
Old 08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
bcc333
1st Gear Member

seat belt extender ( 1 is free from Ford)

the buzzer doesnt come on iff u unlatch the top one; however, you are an idiot if you don't wear at least a 3 point restraint.

https://mustangforums.com/m_1116705/tm.htm

Old 08-03-2006, 05:33 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

Ok, no offense, but you're post looks like this.....john and hay plus i don't know cause you suck and i have not seatbelt and i don't want to play candyland and see this......punctuation helps a great deal.

Personaly, I always wear a helmet when biking, and when I do get a motorcycle, i will not only wear a helmet, but also the proper body gear. So I stick with my previous statment....don't worry about it and fasten your belt.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:20 PM
mustang05silver

pastor none taken! but i still stand by what i said. that is people that say others should just wear seatbelts are ones who jump on a bike and dont wear helment. Its called personal choice!!!!!!!!!!!! when its your time to go nothing is going to stop it from happening. lol i hope i typed this better this time. oh by the way personaly is wrong spelling. its personally lol just funning ya
Old 08-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

simple. . .

turn key to on. . .not started

wait for dinging to stop

buckle and unbuckle seat belt until seatbelt light on dash starts flashing(blinking)

buckle and unbuckle one more time

turn key to off

all done. . . i did this yesterday. . . it works
Old 05-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Blinkwise
1st Gear Member

lol ive been wondering, how does the seat tell if someone is sitting in it for the passenger side? is it just pressure activated?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:56 AM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blinkwise

lol ive been wondering, how does the seat tell if someone is sitting in it for the passenger side? is it just pressure activated?
Yes, it's pressure activated.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

The best way to disable it, is just to put it on.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:16 PM
IcemanBlackGT
1st Gear Member

that buzzer is anoying as crap, i always wear my seatbelt but it's the little times inbetween actually getting out on the road etc that the thing pisses me off, that's funny that it's in the manual how to shut it off though

Quick Reply: Seatbelt buzzer