Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now or never, DCF hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Now or never, DCF hood

They do that to get people that are thinking about buying to hurry them up. Just a way to pick up sales I bet..
Old 07-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

Or you can get the Whole kit a caboodle for alot less.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

The market determines the price, not some bean counter at DCF.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:25 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Sorry.. I really like the look of the DCF hood because its similiar to the Cali dream hood. Reason I was going with the DCF was because the Cali has fitment issues apparently.. but hell.. I can have someone customize the hood to make it fit perfectly for a hell of alot less than the $1200 more the DCF costs.. I was also VERY dissapointed with the functional DCF.. I was under the impression that the functional version would be FULLY functional.. not simply a 6" induction on each side. I mean if youre going to look like you have two 14" holes in your hood then I think they should really be two 14" holes.. not two 6" poser holes..
I sort of agree with you about not having the full vents open......but I'm not sure it would matter. The DCF is not a ramair hood......just an air induction hood. The only benefit it presents is bringing some cooling to the engine compartment. That being said, the air intake on this hood is not going to get that much better with the full vents openned up. That's speaking from a purely practical standpoint, of course. But I wouldn't exactly call a total 12 inches of openned air induction "poser holes" by any stretch.

I spoke to the custom shop that is gonna do the fitment/paint for whatever hood I decide on, and they told me it would cost me probably $300 to customize the DCF hood so that the vents were fully open. I feel better about doing that knowing the rear extractor slats are functional........the last thing I need is for my hood to become more of a sail than the stock one.[:@]

Still......this hood is pretty expensive. I still think its one of the 3 most attractive hoods available for our cars, which is why I started considering it in the first place. But since the introduction of Cervini's M1, B2, and B9 kits........I'm starting to sway from the Shelby look and more towards the old Mach 1 look. Guess I've only got a few more days to make up my mind about that though.

P.S. After talking with a DCF rep a while back, I got the impression that quite a few of their hoods had been sold to internet customers. Yet I can't seem to find one user ride pic with this hood on their car.........'cept this one. Anyone around here seen someone, maybe on another site, that has the DCF hood?

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/01259AE5E06144C8962CE17F8A27C24C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-26-2006, 08:28 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Sorry.. I really like the look of the DCF hood because its similiar to the Cali dream hood. Reason I was going with the DCF was because the Cali has fitment issues apparently.. but hell.. I can have someone customize the hood to make it fit perfectly for a hell of alot less than the $1200 more the DCF costs.. I was also VERY dissapointed with the functional DCF.. I was under the impression that the functional version would be FULLY functional.. not simply a 6" induction on each side. I mean if youre going to look like you have two 14" holes in your hood then I think they should really be two 14" holes.. not two 6" poser holes..
I sort of agree with you about not having the full vents open......but I'm not sure it would matter. The DCF is not a ramair hood......just an air induction hood. The only benefit it presents is bringing some cooling to the engine compartment. That being said, the air intake on this hood is not going to get that much better with the full vents openned up. That's speaking from a purely practical standpoint, of course. But I wouldn't exactly call a total 12 inches of openned air induction "poser holes" by any stretch.

I spoke to the custom shop that is gonna do the fitment/paint for whatever hood I decide on, and they told me it would cost me probably $300 to customize the DCF hood so that the vents were fully open. I feel better about doing that knowing the rear extractor slats are functional........the last thing I need is for my hood to become more of a sail than the stock one.[:@]

Still......this hood is pretty expensive. I still think its one of the 3 most attractive hoods available for our cars, which is why I started considering it in the first place. But since the introduction of Cervini's M1, B2, and B9 kits........I'm starting to sway from the Shelby look and more towards the old Mach 1 look. Guess I've only got a few more days to make up my mind about that though.

P.S. After talking with a DCF rep a while back, I got the impression that quite a few of their hoods had been sold to internet customers. Yet I can't seem to find one user ride pic with this hood on their car.........'cept this one. Anyone around here seen someone, maybe on another site, that has the DCF hood?

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/01259AE5E06144C8962CE17F8A27C24C.jpg[/IMG]
Youre right, it probably wont make much difference.. but I give my friends so much **** about their cars that if I had vents like that and they were only half opened, Id never heard the end of it lol. Thats just how we are.. not to mention Im just picky about my car or anything of mine for that matter. Although I do agree I love the fact that it has the rear extractors.. I wonder how hard it would be to put the extractors into the Cali Dream hood..
Old 07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

wow they are asking wayyy too much for just a hood lol
Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Youre right, it probably wont make much difference.. but I give my friends so much **** about their cars that if I had vents like that and they were only half opened, Id never heard the end of it lol. Thats just how we are.. not to mention Im just picky about my car or anything of mine for that matter. Although I do agree I love the fact that it has the rear extractors.. I wonder how hard it would be to put the extractors into the Cali Dream hood..
Oh I agree totally. The openned vents probably won't even benefit my setup at all.......its just the "idea" of those snarling nostrils actually being functional. But I'll pay a hefty premium for that "idea" if I go with this hood. Oh well.
I've seen quite a few members on this site and other sites with the Cali Dream hood.......no talk of any unnerving flex or shake from a lack of extractor vents. My guess is that you'll do fine without them on the CD hood. But.........it would look badass with extractors I'd be willing to bet.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:56 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Oh I agree totally. The openned vents probably won't even benefit my setup at all.......its just the "idea" of those snarling nostrils actually being functional. But I'll pay a hefty premium for that "idea" if I go with this hood. Oh well.
I've seen quite a few members on this site and other sites with the Cali Dream hood.......no talk of any unnerving flex or shake from a lack of extractor vents. My guess is that you'll do fine without them on the CD hood. But.........it would look badass with extractors I'd be willing to bet.
Yeah.. at this point Im really going for look more than function.. The way I look at it.. until Im pushing 500 hp, I dont need to worry about any of my stuff "holding back performance"... and at this rate, itll be 3-4 years before I even get within range of 500, so Im not really in a rush for styling mods that are "performance friendly" so to speak.

And yeah I think the Cali Dream would look sweet with the rear extractors like the DCF... maybe we can call RKSport and get a little customization? (It would mostly likely still be cheaper than the DCF in a week. I cant see RKSport charging more than a couple hundred for fabbing in some slots..IF they would even do it)
Old 08-03-2006, 10:17 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Ok, so......on the eve of the final day to get the DCF hood at its cringe-worthy promotional price (as opposed to the laugh-out-loud hilarious price it will be after tomorrow)......I've gotten some new pics straight from the guys at DCF of the functional hood. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I will be spending a grand on a new hood (since all of my fav choices right now are in the 800-1100 price range) so I'm giving the DCF one final look before deciding if I"m ordering tomorrow. For those who are on the fence, maybe these pics will help you more than they're helping me

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/0DDF2819556A40499A52F264DEEE027A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/EA230E5A773D40FE9EEFAADBDE41E29E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/C987E5A9A3EB4A90A89AEEDFF8359AE4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/734F22F3842F4954A08E3C724A56CABA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/CAD9D766D67B47169D725C7FF8C543EF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-03-2006, 10:19 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

And a couple more...

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/57E0F8CF500C4A0DA9B198F019CD7850.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/A021C7BEA2E9484D8D5D49B98029C5F4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/741ECAF3559F4030804BF6BB2059CB0F.jpg[/IMG]

I still say I'd only do this hood if I was doing stripes. The hood doesn't seem to accent very well without stripes. Of course, I may be inclined to change my mind if I could find a pic of an all black GT with this hood

Quick Reply: Now or never, DCF hood