Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 Wreck

Although this guy might not have been speeding respect the power guys. I momentarily lost respect friday trying to look cool and powerslide out of the gas station but quickly turned a powerslide into a doughnut. Even though there was no traffic I still managed to look like an idiot in front of all the people I was going out to the track with.[sm=headbang.gif]
Old 07-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

Although this guy might not have been speeding respect the power guys. I momentarily lost respect friday trying to look cool and powerslide out of the gas station but quickly turned a powerslide into a doughnut. Even though there was no traffic I still managed to look like an idiot in front of all the people I was going out to the track with.[sm=headbang.gif]
ive only spun out once ever...in the rain...drifting

i've probly got 4-5miles of ground covered while powersliding/drifting this car too...used to do it on a daily basis, but its a lot harder to do/control with drag radials lol
Old 07-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

The same exact thing happened to me when I was leaving work. The managers were walking out to their cars at the same time too. Luckily nobody was behind me.

Well, that's what happens when the only people that have enough money to buy the car are 60 and older. At least the car looks repairable. Reminds me of the guy that bought a Ford GT and wrecked the front of it with only 8 miles on the OD.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Commander Bubbles
2nd Gear Member

Sad thing is, these cars are like one month old!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Very sad indeed. But unfortunatly there will always be people that cannot drive high performance cars that are rough arund the edges such as the GT500 and even the mustang GT. People are used to stability control saving their but and letting them do stupid things in cars.

With all this now out of the way, and condolences made.............

I will be the first one with the nuts to say it.

Wonder how much for the wreck?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 PM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

Totally survivable crash, if a seat belt was worn.

Unless the driver had other medical conditions, that either caused the crash, or made any injuries suffered more severe.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:32 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Being able to afford a certain car doesn't mean you can drive it...
I'd recommend a trip to a circuit with any rear wheel drive car. Even the ones with 100bhp can bite you in the *** when handled incorrectly.

I don't know what happened here, but it is a darn shame. Brand new GT500...
But as always, where people drive, people have accidents...
Old 07-27-2006, 07:36 PM
olym4gery
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

Being able to afford a certain car doesn't mean you can drive it...
I'd recommend a trip to a circuit with any rear wheel drive car. Even the ones with 100bhp can bite you in the *** when handled incorrectly.

I don't know what happened here, but it is a darn shame. Brand new GT500...
But as always, where people drive, people have accidents...
Since the truck is entirely on the wrong side of the road, I have a feeling the GT500 driver wasn't at fault.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

It's amazing how everyone (except olym4gery) jumps to the conclusion that the Shelby guy was at fault and was doing something stupid. People are involved in accidents with brand new cars every day, that's no indication that the car's performance had anything to do with it.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:52 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Thats the rep of the stang. If you wrecked it, it was probably your fault cuz you were probably speeding/driving recklessly. Feel sorry for the old guy. Cars can be replaced, people cant. And as far as the severity of the wreck, must I remind you all of the Dale Earnhart crash? It didnt look that bad, Ive seen way worse wrecks that people have walked away from, but yet he died.
-P.

Quick Reply: GT500 Wreck