Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 Wreck

This is just how I heard it, it may not be factual! The GT500 was pushing it pretty hard around a corner and lost it, again this may not be true, The truck was supposedly part of a lawn care service, the area is affluent so that could make sense, the GT500 flew around the corner and hit the parked truck. Again second hand, heresay, etc, probably going to be a lawsuit somewhere, like the GT was hot rodding but the truck was parked on the wrong side of the street, etc, etc, etc 500 horse is some serious power to tame. The wreck did not look that bad, I am guessing some other med problems might have existed, heard the car was only a week or so old and he paid 61K for it (highest local offer).
Old 07-27-2006, 09:04 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

From another forum:

A 60-year-old Topeka man was taken by helicopter to The University of Kansas Hospital after a collision Friday in the 6700 block of S.W. Dancaster Road.

Sgt. Akim Reynolds, of the Shawnee County Sheriff's Office, said Frank T. Summerson, 60, Topeka, was driving a 2007 Shelby Cobra on Dancaster Road at about 5:22 p.m. when he apparently became ill and his vehicle began weaving across the road.

Reynolds said Summerson was traveling 20-to-30 miles per hour when he nearly struck another vehicle before colliding with a pickup truck driven by Corbin Garcia, of Topeka. Garcia was not injured.

Reynolds said Summerson was taken by American Medical Response ambulance to Stormont-Vail Regional Health Center and then flown from there to KU Hospital in Kansas City, Kan.
went back and checked, and his name is not listed in the Topeka obituaries for the last week; assume he is still living.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Big Dave, maybe the guy is OK, maybe there was no excessive speed. I drove by the scene tonight, no evidence of skid marks. This is why I said second hand, etc may not be factual. You know how rumours get out of control.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:54 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

He may not have been driving wrecklessly...may have had a heart attack after driving (the way I do) back down the road!
Sorry about the car, but I hope he is OK to drive again another day.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:38 AM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

Being able to afford a certain car doesn't mean you can drive it...
I'd recommend a trip to a circuit with any rear wheel drive car. Even the ones with 100bhp can bite you in the *** when handled incorrectly.

I don't know what happened here, but it is a darn shame. Brand new GT500...
But as always, where people drive, people have accidents...
Very true. A guy with a viper in my town can't beat cars he out motors buy 200hp because he can't drive it.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Foreu2env
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

Although this guy might not have been speeding respect the power guys. I momentarily lost respect friday trying to look cool and powerslide out of the gas station but quickly turned a powerslide into a doughnut. Even though there was no traffic I still managed to look like an idiot in front of all the people I was going out to the track with.[sm=headbang.gif]
The same exact thing happened to me when I was leaving work. The managers were walking out to their cars at the same time too. Luckily nobody was behind me.

Well, that's what happens when the only people that have enough money to buy the car are 60 and older. At least the car looks repairable. Reminds me of the guy that bought a Ford GT and wrecked the front of it with only 8 miles on the OD.

I have a better story... My moms b/f works at Romeo Engine Plant in michigan, he hand builds the engines that go into the ford GT... well right before shut down for 4th of july they have a picnic kinda thing where they bring in all the cars and the plant manager drives them down some isle-way in the plant.. well he took the GT into the parking lot to do a "high speed drive by" and instead drove the BRAND NEW GT THROUGH THE CHAIN FENCE. woops.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:50 AM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

Interesting,I had a near miss in my 2006 Stage3 Roush yesterday.I was on a twisty and coming round a curve,another guy(elderly gent) from the opposite way thought he was driving in England.If I didn't react(with some help from my Guardian Angel)in one split second,it would have been a "Head 0n"...I really don't know how I avoided him.I wasn't going over the speed limit and my car swerved out the way.My car's handling must be fairly okay because I didn't hit anything.
I am 51 yo ,and I know if there was a collision at least someone would have said I was at fault,likely speeding and too old to be driving that type of car.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
danomano
1st Gear Member

I thought he might of died having sex while driving.

Paper would read.
Man suffers lower injury to private area and bleed to death. Girl get lacerations to back of head from steering wheel.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:10 AM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

[:@]
Old 07-28-2006, 11:36 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

If the guy was 60ish, maybe he had a heart attack, or stroke, which caused the "minor" accident. Happens all the time, people throw a heart attack or stroke while driving....

Quick Reply: GT500 Wreck