Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S197 Boss a reality per Motor Trend

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: S197 Boss a reality per Motor Trend

This car is the real deal. Will be here late next week. Not the BOSS but the one and only GT-R Mustang! I have way to many pics to post so I'm going to wait and have the company photogragher put together something like she did on my GT. Like this.

You will see a ton more in the next two weeks. Wait till you see all the carbon fiber. The interior every part on the car is a flat 10!

Will post soon as I can.

John

Old 08-01-2006, 08:43 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Eh, I dont like it (the GT-H) ... Dont see why I would want to buy a car that someone else personalized.

The Boss would be nice though, with some wider fender flares and a bigger engine.. it will most likely be a 302 though as they would have a problem fitting one of the larger Boss engines
Old 08-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

Its not a GT-H its a GT-R and the company building it had a hand in the first 4 that Ford made then crushed so it couldn't be copied. We are talking about a GT-R This think will flat smoke my GT that hasbeen upgraded to 650rwhp. The Mustang is putting down that and then some.

This company is only building one then they are templating all the parts so you can build one for around $110,000.00 complete turning 800rwhp.

I don't think we're on the same page?

My old BOSS!

John
Old 08-02-2006, 03:26 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Well, sorry, GT-R. But still, it would be nice as a collectors item I guess since there werent many made or whatever, but thats about it. Personally I just cant see myself driving around in a car that someone else modded and designed to fit their tastes. And the gt350 isnt a boss btw, there isnt a boss for the new body style yet, still nice car though.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

how is that any dfferent than buying a new car? its been designed for someones taste. the point of buying a GT-R, or a GT-H, or STEEDA Q is to have a BETTER platform to start with. come on, if a Saleen and a stock GT were the same price, what would you take? the saleen. but wait, its already got a saleen supercharger! cant have it! thats a naive way to compute this info man. if it was an 800hp prduction car, everyone would want one for collections. personalization can start at any level, with any vehciel, even if its already a limited production run, special edition, whatever. the point wasnt to make it the designers personal favorite, it was to create an all out monster horsepower toting, 1 g pulling, dragging, roadin, streetin, strippin behemoth. and its a success.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:00 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I know, no doubt its a fast car, our platform with 800 hp is awesome! Im just saying skycam made it out to sound like he was buying it to drive around, where as it looks more like a collectible kinda thing (sorry if I took that the wrong way but thats what it sounded like). Im saying it didnt quite make sense to me to spend that much money on a car that someone else modded. Dunno about you guys but I think half the fun is modding it myself. Granted if a Saleen was the same price as a GT Id get one, simply because it has more power, but the GT-R isnt the same price, so you cant compare them like that. The difference from buying a new car is that a new car doesnt cost as much as that one and it is the same as any other GT out there, not with custom interior, custom rims, etc. I personally cant see myself spending that much on a car, then stripping it down to replace the stuff I didnt like..Id much rather buy a GT then put that money into it by customizing it myself. Thats just me though.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

The car is going to the Sema car show this year. It will be the only one built by the manufacturer. I get your point but you are missing mine. I have 3 guys that have seen this car and are offering over $250,000 because it one of one. I'm hoping to have one more built but go to twin turbo's. I hinted about it and he seems like he would build one more. Keep in mind it uses the FORD GT 5.4 engine. I watched a FORD GT that had been built by SHMS shut down a 1000rwhp dyno. With the HP and speed I wonder where its all going to end?

John
Old 08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

So in other words youre buying it more as an investment than a play around with toy? Thats a little different than buying something for your own pleasure to drive out and shoot the breeze in...
Old 08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

If you are a Hertz Gold member you can rent in your home city (No need for a Airline Ticket...), I did...

ORIGINAL: 05BlackPony

ORIGINAL: siggy14

yup, just looking at the issue now, the one with the GT-H on the cover, to bad they are disabling the traction control on the GT-H, I think the only people that are really going to rent the GT-H's are people that cant afford a real stang and just want to play for a day. At $149 a day it is not worth it in my book.
+1 You can't even rent it if you live in the area with a Hertz that offers it.
You must prove that you are only visiting and choose to rent the GT-H.

-On a side note, its a pretty good issue for the Mustang with the coverage
of the GT-H (feature story and past article on last page), new Boss, and the step by step factory build on pg 142. Cool read!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Well I don't see a Boss 302, 351, or 429 appearing in the near future. Any media outlet that talks about it is out of touch. Ford is gonna mine their currently used engine tech for this new Boss..........if it is indeed a reality. If they go with the aluminum block 5.4.......that's half the battle. A new Boss will need to stay close to the weight range of the regular GT's. I know the article is talking about it being as light as the V6 stangs......but those aren't too much lighter than the GT's to begin with. But they do need to make sure the suspension on the new Boss is better tuned off the factory floor than a GT. And it wouldn't hurt for them to make some effort in the appearance area. Some Boss exclusive colors (Grabber Blue anyone?) would be nice.......and I also wouldn't complain if they came off the lots looking similar to this (or at least gave us an appearance option to this effect):

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/E25B043BF4B14A138F2E13C8093A7FB9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: S197 Boss a reality per Motor Trend