Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges, Gauges, and more Gauges...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

Default Gauges, Gauges, and more Gauges...

Okay so mine might be overkill cause I have a drag car and need to know what's going on with a lot of different things but for those of you just looking for options for a few gauges, here's some nifty places you may not have thought of...

(BTW - 2 you can't see in the piller and 2 more getting installed above the glove department when this photo was taken)

[IMG]local://upfiles/41573/0A92E439D9A046EA9FF0C619E06A7963.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM
rfelger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gauges, Gauges, and more Gauges...

WOW..thats alot!!...How hard is it to install the Oil pressure and water temp gauges?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:17 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blowngt
Okay so mine might be overkill cause I have a drag car and need to
Uh huh, you just keep saying that and it'll be true[sm=joke.gif]

know what's going on with a lot of different things but for those of you just looking for options for a few gauges, here's some nifty places you may not have thought of...
actually, I was thinking about in between the 2 vents on the dash for mine... I see you did something close to what I was thinking about...

I really don't want to even know they are there - bling need not apply, but boost and intercooler temp are good things to know - particularly while tuning...

Thanks for the veritable collage of gauge ideas...
Old 08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
blowngt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rfelger

WOW..thats alot!!...How hard is it to install the Oil pressure and water temp gauges?
No biggie - just make sure to always get gauges with electronic sending units for these cars. I normally think gauge overkill is rice but I have a need for every one of them. The oil pressure and temp gauges are needed for me cause I have a squirt kit and oil cooler on my car and need to keep track of it constantly. I need the trans temp gauge cause I have a 4 speed aod and definitely need to keep track of that, The boost and wideband a/f are a no brainer with a vortech @18 psi, the fuel pressure is a must have when your pushing the amount of fuel I am with -8 lines, #60 injectors, BAP, Twin Ford GT Supercar pumps, and CPR fuel rails. The N20 pressure Gauge? well, I have N20...lol and need to know what's left in those bottles. The last gauge is a temp gauge for my icebox and that comes in handy to monitor how cool I'm keeping my intercooler between passes and let's me know when I need a refill on the ice.

Like I said, this is certainly overkill for a daily driver but mine is not your 'average' daily driver. My favorite spot is the panel above the glovebox. Just using standard anglers those look really trick inside the car.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Don't you have to drill a hole in the block at the radiator inlet hose for temp. I really don't want to do that and I'm looking for an easier way.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:57 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Whose wideband A/F gauge are you using?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:03 AM
rfelger
2nd Gear Member

Cool, whick gauges do you recommend? Also how hard was it to wire it up
Old 08-02-2006, 02:39 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blowngt

[IMG]local://upfiles/41573/0A92E439D9A046EA9FF0C619E06A7963.jpg[/IMG]
Hmmm..........that cockpit looks kinda familiar
Old 08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

I want to do the center pod thing with the three gauges. Any suggestions as to what gauges i should use?..I would like the white face to sorta match the car. At the same time it would be nice if they lit up blue at nite. Not sure if that type of combo is available?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:16 PM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

Wow blowngt, did you have any clue how many people would be in need of your expert advice, maybe you should start charging!

I just wanted to add my $.02 by saying I think that is a gorgeous totally original and radically awesome interior and I definitely think you proved your point in justifying your need for all the gauges... and making every other owner on here drool thinking of an 18 psi blower PLUS NOS! WOW!

Quick Reply: Gauges, Gauges, and more Gauges...