Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:25 AM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Default OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to take a couple hour trip yesterday with my wife and kids to go see my Grandma. We had a nice visit for a few hours and then went and picked up the kids' school supplies at Wal-Mart. We then decided to go get them some clothes for school. On the way to JC Penney's we noticed a theatre that had Talledega Nights playing. We decided to go watch it...
When we get back to the car someone has decided to leave a nice, deep "X" right on the middle of my hood! I got sick to my stomach and light headed (still am). My insurance is a $500 deductible. I just had a $10,000 roof put on our new house so I can't even swing the $500 for a month or two. I'm going to have to drive my car around with this big friggin' X for awhile. The X is towards the front of the hood and is about two feet tall and reaches nine and a half inches on one side and only six inches on the other. Would it be just as cheap to have a twenty inch stripe painted down the whole middle of the car than to repaint the hood? I've never had to turn in an insurance claim before so I don't even know how the process works. My car is Redfire and any stripes would be black. I've always wanted stripes anyway I guess, but I kinda wanted to do it on my terms. I've also always wanted a scoop of some sort. Anyone have a cheap non-functional used one that I could put on at the same time?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:46 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone scratched an X on your hood? WTF for?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:51 AM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

Someone scratched an X on your hood? WTF for?
Great question. If it happened around home I would have been trying to go through my list of any disgruntled employees. But it happened two hours away in a town I only visit a couple times a year to see my Grandma.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:00 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

check with the theatre to see if they have any security cameras. the bastard that did this needs to die.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:01 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Were you parked within 100' of the building? If so contact the theater to review their security camera system (assuming they have one, which most do) Most of those camera systems will provide decent video up to about 100', beyond that your probably not going to see much.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:11 PM
2006GT
2nd Gear Member

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. Somebody slashed my tires and smashed my widshield...still don't know who did it. I was worried about having to pay out my $500 deductible, but since it was vadalism and the repair bill was over my deductible, they coveredf the entire cost. Check your policy...I think I had state farm at the time.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:12 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that...
For now you might want to put a decal stripe for now. Be cheaper and give you time to decied what you want to do more permanatly.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:24 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Were you parked within 100' of the building? If so contact the theater to review their security camera system (assuming they have one, which most do) Most of those camera systems will provide decent video up to about 100', beyond that your probably not going to see much.
We were parked very close to the building. But... No cameras. The manager almost laughed at me when I asked. He was very busy getting popcorn ready and I was an inconvenience.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:44 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

If it happened around home I would have been trying to go through my list of any disgruntled employees
One of my biggest fears, even though we have security guards....

Man, that is totally screwed. There is a list of three or four things of a man's that you just don't f**k with, and this is one of them. I'm very sorry to hear this. Makes me sick to my stomach just to read this crap....[:@][:@]

Sorry man,
Mike
Old 08-06-2006, 03:08 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

That is a shame. Undoubtedly young punks that are jealous of the car. it's sad but I dont drive my car anywhere and leave it parked for extended periods for fear of valdalism and dings. you really dont have much recourse if the theather has no cameras. hope you did call the cops and get a police report write up. That will help with insurance. I'll drive my wifes brand new infiniti M35x anywhere, but not my stang. it draws attention like a magnet.

Quick Reply: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!