Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM
06 Black Beauty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear about your car.... I think I would just lose it right there in the parking lot if I came out to find that !!!!

Hope you get her fixed up
Old 08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that brother. I go ballistic with even having a ding on my car, can't imagine with someone deciding to become picasso on my hood. Hopefully, someone saw something.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:29 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

Default UPDATE:

So I just got back from getting several estimates. It looks like this will be a good excuse to just go ahead and get the black stripes I always wanted. For those of you who have the double stripes, how wide are they and how much space between each of them? What kind of black should I get; flat, semi-gloss, gloss??? Also, what is a cheap hood scoop that comes with bolts rather than just tape?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE:

show pics, ppl who do that kinda stuff should be put to death that is what i believe should be the case for all levels of vandelism
Old 08-07-2006, 11:00 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IA_Chiefs_fan

So I just got back from getting several estimates. It looks like this will be a good excuse to just go ahead and get the black stripes I always wanted. For those of you who have the double stripes, how wide are they and how much space between each of them? What kind of black should I get; flat, semi-gloss, gloss??? Also, what is a cheap hood scoop that comes with bolts rather than just tape?
Get the double 10" stripes w/ the pinstripe accent on each side. 6"ers just dont look right. make sure they go all the way up & over down to the bottoms of bumpers.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 PM
wishIhada5.0
2nd Gear Member

idk how u can even type right now man i would be on a man hunt pronto!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:13 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

If it didn't cut through the base color and hit primer the hood just needs to be sanded and recleared. If it did, cosider the single stripe in vinyl for now. (save a few $$$) Then look at two tone as in upper in silver with bright orange/red pin stripe. ...or one on many cool combos. Way too many cars with stripes to put big bucks into a quality "stripe buried under clear" paint job. Too many clone stripe jobs in vinyl. JMO, but stripes have become "ho-hum" on stangs; the V6's getting all striped up didn't help. Seriously, no stripes with a couple select body components or two tone and you be turning heads. Turn this headache into somethin really special.

In any event, sorry this happened. Who ever did it will "get theirs" don't worry about that. Good luck!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:47 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

I get my baby back from the body shop this weekend. I'll be sure to post some pics. She'll be better than ever with the CDC Smooth Hood Sccop and some black paint.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

do you have any pics of the hood before? I was wondering how bad it was.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 AM
MK2_GT
1st Gear Member

Ok this is probaly little consolation but I know what I am about to say is true. karma exsist and it's a bitch. Whether you belive in God or don't, or whether you have another faith or not. This person will get what he did to you back 10 times. trust me, that scumbag will pay one day for what he did to you...it's the way life works...

Quick Reply: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!