Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn! Full synthetic oil is expensive!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:04 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Damn! Full synthetic oil is expensive!

That's it! I guess slick 50 wasn't so slick.

ORIGINAL: W1ldcat

I founf Mobil 1 at Walmart for less that $5 on sale. Your car is worth it.
You might be thinking of Slick-50 and I heard more bad than good once it was used.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:35 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

So is castrol syntec well regarded like mobil 1? It was quite a few cents cheaper.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Synthetic is MUCH better than conventional oil. Ask anyone who tears down engines.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:32 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Sincerely wish I could you real scientific data. Can't. Bottom line, some day, if ever, we tear down the engine and measure it out.

The machinist recomending Tuoil to me was a BMW San Francisco Area legend. He was the man BMW people went to for a hopped up engine.

I put it into my FJ1200 (bike before the FJR) the day after tuning out the carbs and taking it for a 100 mile ride. damned if the idle did not go up by 150 to 200 RPM.

I've been running it for a combined total of some 330k miles in my various rides. I couldn't wait to put in the Mustang GT. All my rides run real slick.

I think my FJR runs cooler with Tufoil. The third "bar" on temp gauge seem to appear less often, and the fan cuts in not as often. Buddy of mine just started running it in his '03 FJR. He is SURE it runs cooler.

My buddy started running it in his twin turbo "Z" pumping nearly 400 HP to the back wheels. He is pleased.

Tufoil in the Guiness Book of Records as being slippier than Teflon.

I've talked to people perfectly happy with Dino Oil and no additives. ME? Synthetic and Tufoil ALL THE WAY. I would NEVER, EVER go back to Dino oil.

Your choice.

ORIGINAL: rmays06

I've read the web site and heard of this before but the question I have is how is this better than a full synthetic? What is the betterment of only have 8 oz instead of using more? Do you notice the power or gas milage difference?
Thanks for info.
ORIGINAL: algregory

Check www.tufoil.com

Machinest that built my 2 litre four banger BMW 130k miles ago recomended it. Cam, pistons, ported, polished, custom distributor, MSD Ignition, 5th computer controlled injector mounted in throttle body for top end fuel flow. Suspension fully "tweaked" for mountain driving entertainment. Run the pants off it, and with 263k miles total I've used 26 sets of tires. Runs great.

My potion is Redline 20-50 and 8 ounces Tufoil every 4k miles.

The GT's potion is Redline 5-20 and 8 ounces of Tufoil every 5k miles, and a 10% mix Tufoil with Redline D4 in the trans.

In my GMC 4.3 litre, Redline 20-50 and 8 ounces Tufoil, 152k miles.

In my '04 Yamaha FJR1300ABS Mobil 1 and 1 ounce Tufoil per quart every 4k miles. Just short of 14k on the odometer.

The GT and the FJR are both reserved for FUN stuff, not commuters, not daily drivers.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

6.5 quarts of Mobil 1 full synthetic every 3K miles or 3 months (about 1500 miles for me) and strictly K&N oil filters. Whenever you do an oil change, you should fill your new filter about 2/3 with fresh clean oil and lube the filter gasket lightly with fresh clean oil before putting the filter on. It is ALWAYS best to change your oil when it's HOT and the contaminates haven't yet settled to the bottom, despite burnt knuckles. Don't rush to finish, let it drain for a while, til it stops dripping. This formula has led every car I've owned DEEP into triple digit milage without a single problem.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:17 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

I thought it was 6 quarts!

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

6.5 quarts of Mobil 1 full synthetic every 3K miles or 3 months (about 1500 miles for me) and strictly K&N oil filters. Whenever you do an oil change, you should fill your new filter about 2/3 with fresh clean oil and lube the filter gasket lightly with fresh clean oil before putting the filter on. It is ALWAYS best to change your oil when it's HOT and the contaminates haven't yet settled to the bottom, despite burnt knuckles. Don't rush to finish, let it drain for a while, til it stops dripping. This formula has led every car I've owned DEEP into triple digit milage without a single problem.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:52 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I use Royal Purple oil. I just ordered some tufoil and will give it a try.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:13 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Let us know what you think?

I really believe in the Tufoil. They recommend 8 ounces first oil change, 4 ounces each time thereafter. I've always used 8 ounces every time. Also, I'm running a 10% mix of Tufoil with Redline D4 in the 4 Speed transmission.

ORIGINAL: callahan

I use Royal Purple oil. I just ordered some tufoil and will give it a try.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:18 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

I thought it was 6 quarts!

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

According to the computer at the dealership, it's 6.5, so I put s6 down the hole, and fill the new filter 2/3 of the way full.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:24 AM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

I always pre-fill the oil filters in all my cars...

Quick Reply: Damn! Full synthetic oil is expensive!