Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it me? Halibrand Cobra III - 18x9

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:28 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default Is it me? Halibrand Cobra III - 18x9

I seem to be stuck on these wheels, it's not that they are all that and a bag of chips, it's just on every car I see them on they look great! But I have yet to see a pair on an '05 or newer Mustang.

Steeda sells them under the following number: 508-38098M-5M, Halibrand Cobra III - 18x9 Mag Finish - 05-06

I think with the spinners they would look great, or am I having a Cheech and Chong moment? Errrrr month....

Old 08-07-2006, 07:45 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Is it me? Halibrand Cobra III - 18x9

Hey you, yeah you, don't just view and leave, comment on this inspiring thread or...... well or........ ah nuts....
Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Kingofbeers

I love those wheels, too! And they look great with the Halibrand spinners. I spent two weeks trying to track a set down - Steeda said theirs (with the correct offset) were at least eight weeks out, and Halibrand couldn't give the local tire dealer here an estimate on when they'd have another batch. There were a couple of sets on ebay, but they both had the wrong offset - 24mm I think.

I finally gave up and went with some bullitts

Good luck with your search -
Old 08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I like them myself but I want to see how they would look on a Black GT. They look good on red GTs
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I like them, but was brainwashed as a kid- saw Bullitt at 6-7 yrs old, and a mustang fastback has just gotta have torq-thrust-d wheels to me (aka 'bullits' nowadays)...I love the look of the 10" deepdish ones, but I still like taller sidewalls myself...maybe someone makes a 17x10?

those though on a black (or white) car especially, would really look sharp I think

Speaking of 'styles', am I the only guy around that misses white lettered tires? the old firestone ss radials, wide-o-ovals, even the current bfg t/a radials...the old 'smooth' sidewalls were easier to clean than the new textured ones...why cant somebody make them in 17-18 inch...I think they'd sell. I'd wrote BFG about this last year, they said something about the speed ratings- dunno if that meant the white caused a problem, or just if the high speed rated tires were just 'take it or leave it'...I really think theyd sell.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kingofbeers

I love those wheels, too! And they look great with the Halibrand spinners. I spent two weeks trying to track a set down - Steeda said theirs (with the correct offset) were at least eight weeks out, and Halibrand couldn't give the local tire dealer here an estimate on when they'd have another batch. There were a couple of sets on ebay, but they both had the wrong offset - 24mm I think.

I finally gave up and went with some bullitts

Good luck with your search -
I sent them an email asking for eta. I'll post their answer even though you've purchased wheels already.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:07 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timmay!!!

I like them myself but I want to see how they would look on a Black GT. They look good on red GTs
Same here, I want to see a set on a Black Gt, I've yet to see them on anything but older cars.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:11 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

I like them, but was brainwashed as a kid- saw Bullitt at 6-7 yrs old, and a mustang fastback has just gotta have torq-thrust-d wheels to me (aka 'bullits' nowadays)...I love the look of the 10" deepdish ones, but I still like taller sidewalls myself...maybe someone makes a 17x10?

those though on a black (or white) car especially, would really look sharp I think

Speaking of 'styles', am I the only guy around that misses white lettered tires? the old firestone ss radials, wide-o-ovals, even the current bfg t/a radials...the old 'smooth' sidewalls were easier to clean than the new textured ones...why cant somebody make them in 17-18 inch...I think they'd sell. I'd wrote BFG about this last year, they said something about the speed ratings- dunno if that meant the white caused a problem, or just if the high speed rated tires were just 'take it or leave it'...I really think theyd sell.
Agreed, the white letter tires where the favorites back then, I think they stopped because it costs a bit more to make and cuts down profit per tire, I fail to see how letters that are raised be it black or white would affect balance. We had fast cars back then capable of high speeds and white lettering made no difference. Sounds like BFG is full of BULL.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:15 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

Viking...you suck. Royally. I had all but DECIDED on the wheels I wanted, and now you go showing me those and making me rethink my choice.

Thanks a ton. =)

Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Smokefan
2nd Gear Member

Go with a Chrome tribar spinner, it would look good. I have them on my bullitts :

Quick Reply: Is it me? Halibrand Cobra III - 18x9