Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Springs Drop The Car and Make it Sit Level?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:34 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What Springs Drop The Car and Make it Sit Level?

I would like to know this as well, I have 18x10 on back and 18x9 on front and want to lower it. Dont want it to rub...or have a problem when I go over a speed bump.
Just ordered new exhaust Will be here Weds.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:23 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Did all you guys adding these springs adjust your pinion angle?

ORIGINAL: gregt909

ORIGINAL: Nick

Me to & I have 18" rims w/ 255's on the back.
Ditto, I have 18's as well. It sits pretty level with thr Roush rear springs. I believe it lowers it about 3/4". Only take about an hour or less to install.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

muscle cars are supposed to have a raked look. I ended up slamming my truck to the ground, but I think i'll keep the mustang at stock height. Maybe 1 inch all around to keep the rake look.

ORIGINAL: Nachtjager

Okay, there are a lot of spring kits out there, so before I order one, I want to know what you guys think. I'm gonna' run 255s on the 18" polished Bullitt wheels, but it bugs me that my GT's butt sticks up in the air. I want to lower the car some and was looking into the Steeda and Eibach springs, but my big concern is, I want the car to sit level. If I drop it 1-1/2" all around, or thereabouts, it's still going to have a rake to it, it's just going to be lower. I've seen guys on this board with cars sitting level, so my question is, how did you guys do that? Is there an over-the-counter kit that will get my GT down a bit and eliminate that jacked-up look that it has from the factory? Thanks for all the good advice in the previous posts, my lil' black GT is coming along nicely.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

Steeda has a set of sport springs that will drop the front 1.0 and the rear 1 3/4. Thats the set I am ordering. even with just the rear dropped 3/4 inch the stang still looks to much like a 4x4, Too much wheel well gap.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:54 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust
muscle cars are supposed to have a raked look. I ended up slamming my truck to the ground, but I think i'll keep the mustang at stock height. Maybe 1 inch all around to keep the rake look.
Rake is cool if its because your wrinkle walls hold the back up relative to the bicycle tires up front, but:

a. then your ABS won't work
b. the mustang has finally reached the point where you can turn a corner at speed - so like it or not, it is not JUST a drag car anymore...

Looking at muddy fender liners for no reason is just not cool... That just my opinion, but I like my opinion better than yours
Old 08-13-2006, 01:06 PM
bluetang
1st Gear Member

I used Steeda Ultralite rear springs and I use 18x10 DD Bullitts with 285s in the rear and they don't rub.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:52 AM
vxtonkaboy

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Anybody know any reason why the Roush rear springs would not fit a V6 car ... looking to level off my Mustang as well ...
I would love to know as well. I live in Colorado and when you lower your car a little too much, you end up with damage. So lowering the rear is about all I am willing to do. Anyone have a V6 with the Roush rear springs? Or... Is there a another set of springs that will do the trick? If you lower it more than 3/4 will it look stupid?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

What part of CO do you live in? My last car was dropped and I seldom had issues... well except in the snow... but I wouldntdrive the mustang in Colorado snow storms anyway
Old 08-17-2007, 09:01 AM
zedoktor

i wouldn't want to lower the front because I'd probably end up hitting all types of curbs/parking blocks that the front of the car goes right over at stock height but a poster had said that the roush springs in the back made the car feel much more solid at launch and didn't get as crazy when banging gears (i forgot who it was). It's also possible to retain the "raked" look if you buy taller tires for the back. it'll probably look pretty good but it'll take away some gearing.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:19 AM
BLD06GTVert
1st Gear Member

Steeda Sports will keep you level. I have them and 20 x 10's running 295's on the rear and no rubbing.

If you check out this link, you will see 4 attachments on the 4th post down.

Pic #1 - stock wheels, stock springs
Pic #2 - 20" wheelswith stock springs
Pics # 3/4 - 20" wheels with Steeda Sports

https://mustangforums.com/m_3690349/tm.htm

If you choose this route, you'll not only get better looks, but much improved handling and very nice compliant ride. I LOVE mine!

Hope that helps

Quick Reply: What Springs Drop The Car and Make it Sit Level?