Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket H-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 06:55 PM
PhotonSabreX

Default Aftermarket H-pipe

Guys,

I know that there's always a ton of discussion on exhaust, but I've done a search here (and all over the web, quite frankly) and I still can't find anything: I'm looking for an aftermarket, higher flow H-pipe to slap on. I currently have Flowmaster AT A/B's hitched up, and I hear that H-pipes sound SIGNIFICANTLY better with them than X-pipes do. Here's the catch: They must be catted; no off-roads. I'm about to head to Los Angeles and I don't want to get caught up in their crazed emissions policies. I also don't want to bother switching out between an aftermarket midpipe and the stock one to get around it. Any suggestions?

I'm also considering the MAC prochamer. I've heard that this sounds really good also, but I've also heard that it's not loud, just deep.

If anyone knows where I can get a good H-pipe from, please shout it out. Thanks, y'all!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Aftermarket H-pipe

I am in the same boat as you, and have been toying with just risking running the off-road in cali. But I would not advise it. The only catted H-pipe I have found is through JBA I would call them though and see what the performance gains are though, as its the same size as our stock H I believe. Let me know what you find out.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Alright, you want louder.. Well the only reason why switching out your mid pipe would be getting an O/R pipe. The cats reduce your volume tremendously, so with them gone it increases the volume tremendously. If you get a high flow cat system, I don't think it'll increase the sound by all that much, if anything.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:02 AM
PhotonSabreX

Wow...interesting news. In that case, I'll definitely be thinking strongly about getting a Bassani catted X...I hear that they boost the volume, but they have a higher pitch that doesn't match well with flows. But I'm thinking that if they're catted it'll still sound much better. I'm not sure. Stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Not getting a new midpipe is not an option though; eventually the entire exhaust system is going to be swapped out, but the challenge is sounding better, performing better, and all the while still being emissions legal. AAARGH!!! CALIFORNIA LAWS SUCK!!!!!