Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAMN THIS NOISE! ...Holy Crap, it was the LCA's!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:49 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: DAMN THIS NOISE!

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Mine were non adjustable also. What is CHE? and where can i get them?
Go to www.cheperformance.com they make good products.

Earl
Old 08-12-2006, 02:08 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Well, I spoke to the guy at the shop that did the gears and he said that the LCA's can transmit all sorts of noises. So I got home today and swapped back the stock LCA's and lo and behold the noise is gone!!

All this, changing bearings, redoing the gears, time wasted, etc and it was the freakin BMR's!! I have to admit I liked the performance but not the noise. I guess I'll have to find some aluminum ones or a space-frame style that will not transmit noise like that. I guess my wife is right when she tells me I never leave well enough alone.

This is just FYI to all of you with solid LCA's, if there's a bearing noise in the rear it may well be those! I'll have to take them out of my sig I guess.

Anyone else with aftermarket control arms with issues?
I replaced my control arms and had horrible whine.... re-adjusted em an it went away... gotta get the pinion angle correct or it will stress your rear end and it will whine like hell...
Old 08-12-2006, 03:49 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

Yep, they're good pieces. I went with CHE because they're the only manufacturer that included an E-brake
retainer clip. I made sure to lube the bushings with their grease very well - no complaints here.

http://www.cheperformance.com/cartge...pid=162&cid=15
Old 08-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Just drove mine back from the dealer - whining on acceleration. BUT the whine was there on the previous gear change as well....this is quieter though.....
oh I wonder.......
Old 08-12-2006, 07:00 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Which LCAs was it? Spherical or the Poly's?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:20 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Ok, the noise was a high pitched whirring sound like a bearing, it increased in pitch the faster you went starting at about 40-45mph and up from there. It drove me nuts. In fact you heatd it more just criusing, not so much under hard accel. No, the LCA's were not causing the noise they were TRANSMITTING it into the cabin from the rear axle. The BMR's were the steel tubular ones with grease fittings, non adjustable. Since they were non adjustable, they are the exact same length as stock and did not change the pinion angle, especially since my car is not lowered.

I think it's just the solid, one piece steel design that transmits sound so well. The only others i could find that had a space frame type, non solid design, were the Motoblues for $199 and the Steeda's for $379, yikes!. I'll look at the CHE's when I'm done typing this b/c I miss the feel of the aftermarket LCA's already.

You know, I got to say one thing about Joe, at Mustang Magic here on LI. Anytime he says something, he always seems to be right.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:21 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Ok, the noise was a high pitched whirring sound like a bearing, it increased in pitch the faster you went starting at about 40-45mph and up from there. It drove me nuts. In fact you heatd it more just criusing, not so much under hard accel. No, the LCA's were not causing the noise they were TRANSMITTING it into the cabin from the rear axle. The BMR's were the steel tubular ones with grease fittings, non adjustable. Since they were non adjustable, they are the exact same length as stock and did not change the pinion angle, especially since my car is not lowered.

I think it's just the solid, one piece steel design that transmits sound so well. The only others i could find that had a space frame type, non solid design, were the Motoblues for $199 and the Steeda's for $379, yikes!. I'll look at the CHE's when I'm done typing this b/c I miss the feel of the aftermarket LCA's already.

You know, I got to say one thing about Joe, at Mustang Magic here on LI. Anytime he says something, he always seems to be right.
You mention the MOTOblues can you supply a link other than RPM outlet. I was going to buy the Steeda/Ford racing ones but seeings how the MOTO blues are identical and half the price i will buy them but would like some other options as to where i buy from.

Richard
Old 08-13-2006, 07:05 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Believe me, I tried, but I couldn't find any other place than RPM outlet that sells them. I too am reluctant to purchase from them.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:24 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Believe me, I tried, but I couldn't find any other place than RPM outlet that sells them. I too am reluctant to purchase from them.
Yeah i have heard more bad things than good about them. I have searched high and low to try and locate them and as much as i hate to say it. I may end up spending the extra money and buying from Steeda.

Richard
Old 06-12-2007, 01:23 PM
02STALKERGT
2nd Gear Member

I am having the same problem now that I installed my upper and lower non-adjustable control arms. I did a search and found this thread. I am having the same problem but my noise is with deceleration and amplifies the waaaaaaa-aaa-aaa-a-a-a-a-a noise. My car feels like it hooks/squats a little better but dont know if its worth the noise as it is a daily driver during the summer. I do plan on going to the dragstrip quite a bit though. What do I do?

Quick Reply: DAMN THIS NOISE! ...Holy Crap, it was the LCA's!