Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Folding down rear seats

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Folding down rear seats

Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Haveabet

Originally Posted by trixiexoxo View Post
i think I just accidentally threw my keys in my trunk. I was looking for something in my trunk and itís shut now itís my only pair of keys. I have a 2005 Ford Mustang. Is there any way to access the trunk? I read somewhere on here that you Cannot fold the rear seats down to get into the trunk? What do I do
I have a 2017 Mustang. I found online that on the top of both sides of my rear seats there is a loop. Just pull them and the seats fold down. Hope your model is the same. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:47 PM
JimC

i think I just accidentally threw my keys in my trunk. I was looking for something in my trunk and itís shut now itís my only pair of keys. I have a 2005 Ford Mustang. Is there any way to access the trunk? I read somewhere on here that you Cannot fold the rear seats down to get into the trunk? What do I do
I have a convertible
Originally Posted by Haveabet View Post
I have a 2017 Mustang. I found online that on the top of both sides of my rear seats there is a loop. Just pull them and the seats fold down. Hope your model is the same. Good luck.
He has a convertible, can't fold the seats down on the convertible, unlike the coupe. The convertible back seat is one piece, and there is a metal bulkhead behind the seat.

Trixiexoxo -- call a lock smith. I had the same thing happen to me leaving a client meeting with my 2006 convertible. Pulled my suit coat off and tossed it in the trunk, and realized my keys were in the pocket when I closed it. A locksmith came out and picked the lock to pop the trunk. Then he made a key on the spot with no chip in it that I could keep in the center console in case it happened again. With no chip it wouldn't start the car and was only good to open the trunk.