Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Folding down rear seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 07:45 AM
kingstrider
1st Gear Member

My GTI broke one of the rear seat releases and I had to use a screwdriver to pop the mechanism in order to replace the latch. Maybe have a look with a flashlight?
Old 11-29-2014, 01:30 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Are the fold down rear seats on all of the Mustangs? For some reason, I don't think they fold down in my 2014 GT.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:10 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
Are the fold down rear seats on all of the Mustangs? For some reason, I don't think they fold down in my 2014 GT.
They should fold down, the only Mustang that doesn't have folding back seats is the convertible. Double check and I bet you find that the seat back is split in the middle (vertically) so you can fold one side at a time.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:35 PM
chandlerpressley@att.net

Lets try to get things in perspective. The latch mechanism is where the straps are hanging out from. However I cannot visually see those holes or mechanism areas because of their location. ie, they are blocked off by the upper section of the trunk, however I can sorta get my fingers into the area but I can't seem to find the latching mechanism. Unfortunately I was blessed with overly large hands. I hope this gives a better idea of my problem.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:50 PM
chandlerpressley@att.net

I'm sure it was made to be unthreaded for security reasons, but at the end of the day it was a really poor design choice.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
dslpow3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
page 137 of the manual on a 2014 Mustang GT states "To lower the seatback(s) from inside the vehicle, be sure the head restraint is in the upright position, pull the strap to release the seatback and then fold the seatback down". It even has a little picture of where the strap is located, and as allready mentioned only on the coupe. It also states on 136 "if equipped" so it seems it may or may not be there.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:12 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by dslpow3r
page 137 of the manual on a 2014 Mustang GT states "To lower the seatback(s) from inside the vehicle, be sure the head restraint is in the upright position, pull the strap to release the seatback and then fold the seatback down". It even has a little picture of where the strap is located, and as allready mentioned only on the coupe. It also states on 136 "if equipped" so it seems it may or may not be there.
I think that the "if equipped" reference is for the convertible. Coupes have fold down seats. I can't imagine that Ford would do different seats for the coupe and it isn't offered as an option either.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:40 PM
Haveabet

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.18 months I have owned my GT and have just found out. Good on you FredTT.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:17 PM
trixiexoxo

Default Can anyone help

i think I just accidentally threw my keys in my trunk. I was looking for something in my trunk and it’s shut now it’s my only pair of keys. I have a 2005 Ford Mustang. Is there any way to access the trunk? I read somewhere on here that you Cannot fold the rear seats down to get into the trunk? What do I do
Old 01-04-2019, 01:24 PM
trixiexoxo

Default forgot to mention

I have a convertible

Quick Reply: Folding down rear seats