Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warrenty work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

Default warrenty work?

I have to take my car in for warrenty on Friday. The engine light came on, thought i was do to the shaker scoop and plugging off the factory intake to the air box but apparetly it wasn't. To check that I disconnected my battery and removed the tape, put it all back together and still the same problem. The car runs fine, idles a little rough, but still drives fine. I have to take it 45km's to the dealership. When I drove it back to my parents house, I notice that every time I hit the gas peddle, it makes some kind of grinding noise now, not sure what that is from. My question is, I phoned ford and told them I was bringin it in cause the check engine light is on, should I just drive it there? I know it will make it, I am just scared that I might wreck more stuff on it, and they will give me crap for driving it. What should I do? I already put about 20km's on it since I connected the battery again. I should also mention that the car has no power at all when you press on the gas peddle.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:26 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: warrenty work?

Can't you pull the error code?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:44 PM
lukoi66
2nd Gear Member

how do you pull the error code without a tuner like SCT2 or diablo?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:50 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lukoi66

how do you pull the error code without a tuner like SCT2 or diablo?
Sorry... I SSUMED you could pull them in a similar fashion as my Durango.

I guess I'm even more happy that I purchased an SCT2.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

I don't have a tune or anything like that, car is still stock. I just wondering if they are gonna say anything if I drive it there, but I guess I don't have any other choice, it better be covered what ever is wrong with it, 3rd time goin in for warrenty in the 6 months I owned it!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
BlackGTCoupe
1st Gear Member

call 24hr roadside assistance, have them tow it for free. say car is unsafe to drive due to mechanical malfunctions, and unknown potential problems that could be caused. They will tow it for free to the closest dealer. Sound like a plan?

-Christian

06' Black GT coupe
Stuff
Old 08-19-2006, 07:38 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

Well, took the car in and the engine light was from "banks one and two running lean". The codes thrown were P0171, P0174. So they reset the codes and took it for a drive and said it was fine. Well, I took the car for a drive and its not running right at all. It's got no mid range power at all, from idle it was fine and from 5000-6000rpm it ran perfect. It wouldn't idle down half the time (sit at 3000rpm). So, I took it back and they were tryin to blame it on my shaker scoop sayin that its gettin too much air and that voids my warrenty. We got in a pretty big arguement, then the service manager looked at the car and realized that I didn't change any of the computer stuff so I guess its covered again. But, when we went out to look at the car, there was a puddle of antifreeze laying under the car. Started it up, and it was idleing like crap, 400rpm. So.... they have no idea whats goin on with it, he said they would start at the mass air flow and go from there. I have a feeling I'm goin to be without the car for a while. Any ideas what could be wrong with this thing, what do the codes mean?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:42 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

Well... Run it "lean" long enough, and you're going to smoke plugs, and probably damage some pistons. Then they can give you a new motor.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:14 AM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

So, does that sound like the mass air flow sensor. That what I kinda think it is, but I'm not too familiar with these new fuel injected vehicles. This is exactly what my grand national was doin and the sensor was the problem with that. About this warrenty work, they charged me too look at the car cause the manager "assumed" I changed stuff on it when I didn't. Can I fight this somehow to get my money back, cause there is no way that shaker scoop should void my warrenty. How do I know if this damaged anything internally on the engine when I get it back.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:15 AM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

So, does that sound like the mass air flow sensor. That what I kinda think it is, but I'm not too familiar with these new fuel injected vehicles. This is exactly what my grand national was doin and the sensor was the problem with that. About this warrenty work, they charged me too look at the car cause the manager "assumed" I changed stuff on it when I didn't. Can I fight this somehow to get my money back, cause there is no way that shaker scoop should void my warrenty. How do I know if this damaged anything internally on the engine when I get it back.

Quick Reply: warrenty work?