Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch! $83,000 '07 Shelby GT500

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:51 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Default Ouch! $83,000 '07 Shelby GT500

I was picking up my '06 GT from the service department at Marina Ford in LA, and they had a Ford GT AND an '07 Mustang Shelby GT500 on the showroom floor.

The Shelby 'vert (black) was marked up to $83,000 ($35,000 markup). It had been there two days.

The Ford GT was marked up to $216,000 ($50,000 markup). That car had been sitting there for months.

Now THAT'S some markup! Of course, this being LA, someone will come in and write a check for that Shelby.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
linernotejunky
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ouch! $83,000 '07 Shelby GT500

yeah - i was at galpin a couple weeks back and saw a shelby go for 100k.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:13 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

they should make some sort of law that says a product can't be marked up more than a certian percent so people can't get away with it, ya know
Old 08-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

Just think of it as an investment. It COULD be worth a bunch of money in 40 years! [&:]
Old 08-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Nadelle
3rd Gear Member

EVRYONE STFU about the god damn mark up .....THIS HAPPENS WITH EVRY NEW HOT CAR.

ITS NORMAL, they want to keep the shelby on the show room to attract on-lookers, they dont really want to sell a shelby they just got 2 days ago. They mark the car up that high just incase some really rish SOB walks in says "i'll take it"

they want the car in the show room to bring peaple in, those peaple will then "maybe" go buy another ford while theyre there. this is the trickle down effect.

same thing happend with the Z06, the Ford GT, the Dodge SRT10 pickup, even the fregin new mitsubishi eclipse.

i used to work at a ford dealer, i know the bizz.

Just stfu and show some patiance. !!!! wait a wee bit, once they brought in enough "prospective" buyers, using the gt500 as bait. then interest dwindels, the mark up will go down.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nadelle

EVRYONE STFU about the god damn mark up .....THIS HAPPENS WITH EVRY NEW HOT CAR.

ITS NORMAL, they want to keep the shelby on the show room to attract on-lookers, they dont really want to sell a shelby they just got 2 days ago. They mark the car up that high just incase some really rish SOB walks in says "i'll take it"

they want the car in the show room to bring peaple in, those peaple will then "maybe" go buy another ford while theyre there. this is the trickle down effect.

same thing happend with the Z06, the Ford GT, the Dodge SRT10 pickup, even the fregin new mitsubishi eclipse.

Just stfu and show some patiance. !!!! wait a wee bit, once they brought in enough "prospective" buyers, using the gt500 as bait. then interest dwindels, the mark up will go down.
what a bitch.....I think that nadelle might have had a rich sob(as you say) drive up your *** that or.....you bought your ford focus for a hell of a mark up...lol....this is a forum you talk about stuff not do be shut down by a dumbass(you nadelle incase you were wondering who this was pointed to). BTW.......i agree w/everyone else it should be regulated to an extent.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:07 PM
macdaddyslomo
2nd Gear Member

Ford will jump their *** pretty quickly....Pontiac dlrs did the same thing with the Solstice and GM got all over them
Old 08-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Before you guys get wrapped up in binging Nadelle for her rather emotional post.... DON'T DO IT!.

In a way I agree about the Gvt should control mark up on products.. but then.. NOT - - they control to dayum much already!

There is always some stupid sod who got daddys money when he died who will buy that car at twice it's price JUST so he can have it 2 months before every one else does. Or a guy like Jay Lenno who buys too many of them just so nobody else can have them to enjoy.

The dealers are just praticing what we call CAPITOLISM - the foundation of our economy!... Supply and Demand!

Take our GT's... those of us with 05's for the most part paid up to 7k over sticker. Those who got 06's probably for the most part paid stickers. There are 07's sitting on the lot allready - bunches of them - - so the 07 guys will get discounts and a 5/50,000 warrentee. By the time the 08's get here they will be discounting the cars for 3 grand off probably.

IF you want to be the first... it will COST you.... Such is LIFE!

Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nadelle

My God don't need a dam. He walks on water.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I agree with Prof Wiz, this is captialism at its best. We may be on the short end of it now, but at 9K units per year, there won't be an ADM on the GT500's forever (that's over 36K cars during a 4 year period - WAYYYYY more than the number of original Shelby Mustangs). Then those who paid anything over sticker will realize how much money they've lost in total depreciation. [&:]

28hopup

Quick Reply: Ouch! $83,000 '07 Shelby GT500