Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

white with comp orange stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default RE: white with comp orange stripes?

ORIGINAL: GTlust

It would be different, but I think i'd stick with red or white. If you put on orange stripes, then what's to stop the next guy from putting on blue and then someone will do green.
ORIGINAL: Silencer06

Get a grabber orange stang and some off white stripes.

My wife actually wants me to put grabber orange stripes on my black GT. I'm thinking -- WTF???? I love orange, but I've never seen ANY black car with orange stripes. I'm thinking Halloween!

This morning I went to the tint/body shop that tinted my windows and asked the body guy if he paints stripes on cars. When he replied yes, I asked if he had any pics of examples of the work he's done and he showed me a white '06 Mustang GT he did just a week ago.........complete with 8" MANGO stripes! OMFG! That color did NOT look good at all!!!! It was like a cross between orange and rust and light brown, and all I could think was how I can't wait to pull up next to that idiot at a light so I can laugh and shake my head in disgust at him/her. I know, I know, it's all about personal preference, but man alive, what an insult to the beauty of this car!!!

Dude, if you do decide to go with orange stripes, please please please go with STRAIGHT ORANGE and not mango!![sm=badidea.gif]
Old 08-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

When he replied yes, I asked if he had any pics of examples of the work he's done and he showed me a white '06 Mustang GT he did just a week ago.........complete with 8" MANGO stripes! OMFG! That color did NOT look good at all!!!! It was like a cross between orange and rust and light brown, and all I could think was how I can't wait to pull up next to that idiot at a light so I can laugh and shake my head in disgust at him/her. I know, I know, it's all about personal preference, but man alive, what an insult to the beauty of this car!!!

Dude, if you do decide to go with orange stripes, please please please go with STRAIGHT ORANGE and not mango!![sm=badidea.gif]
Way to be a jerk. This is my car.

just kidding.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:14 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Didnt Ford make the Harly Truck addition Black and Orange last year? Didnt like it..[:'(] Did like the Black and Silver one
Old 08-18-2006, 08:49 PM
hottymustang
2nd Gear Member

Get a grabber orange stang and some off white stripes.
I think thats the best idea. That would look really nice, and no one can flame you for it cause it is a factory color!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:13 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Over on 2005stang.com they have a picture of a 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang with Orange Stripes. The orange stripes are just a slightly different shade ... looks really good ..

Old 08-18-2006, 09:16 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07stangGrl

Didnt Ford make the Harly Truck addition Black and Orange last year? Didnt like it..[:'(] Did like the Black and Silver one
I liked it.. the black and orange are Harley Davidson colors..
Old 08-18-2006, 10:44 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Yeah, no way on the White w/Orange; even the recent late model camaro brought that back again. May see it again too, you don't want that.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:42 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Hummm guess I am not a Harley Grl And the Grabber Orange with the ornge stirpes...Hummm I think Pumpkin!' Halloween[&:]
Old 08-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Gbart

ok well thanks for the input guys i think im backset on getting black now lol.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

I also have the performance white and have been debating different stripe schemes myself. Maybe blue stripes outlined in silver, or orange stripes outlined in back. I think performance white, above all other colors, is helped immensly by the two colors stripe scheme.

Another thing to consider is possibly an offshot of the Steeda look. Perhaps a partially painted hood like Steeda uses with a wing colored to match the hood. The key though is to be different. Who says you have to use black like Steeda does for the hood. Why not do a candy blue with a matching blue wing and calipers.

There are so many different combos that would look good on our performance white Stangs and still allow is to maintain individuality. Right now you might think that Mustang owners with black, blue or red cars have an easier time making up there mind of what colors to go with, well thats because they don't have the blank canvas that we call white, which allows us to be as creative as we want without worrying about colors restrictions like those other guys have to deal with. There are so much more possibilites than basic black, its all about how creative you want to go.

BTW, I have a friend working on a Boss stripe photochop, i'll post it when he's finished.

Quick Reply: white with comp orange stripes?