Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F***ING SPEEDBUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 02:25 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: F***ING SPEEDBUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be pissed too. I believe the H pipe may hang the lowest, not sure tho. O2's should be safe.
Now its time to swap that pipe out and do liked redfire said.

Oh slow down too, speeding in a residential area is dumb.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:35 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

not to be a smarta$$ or anything to the people who don't know but our cars have 4 oxygen sensors. but don't worry, they are safe. the things you can damage though are your cats (we have two of them), the exhaust manifolds (if you bottom out hard enough), your pipes, the mounts your pipes are on, the frame (if you bottom out hard enough), the fuel tank can crack (if ouy bottom out hard enough), minor body damage, mufflers, and various other parts. i learned this when i put my car on a lift. i checked out all the bottoming out points cause when i was stationed in germany, going onto post was dangerous because the speed bumps were enormous. they did that to stop all the germans from speeding on post like they did on the economy. at least in our hanau area i know for sure. hope this info helps anybody and everybody.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:39 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

also man, if you want to get this guy back (if you know who he is), just look for some stuff called zip strip. make sure you get the industrial grade. then take this stuff and sling it all over his car. this stuff eats through 6 coats of paint in thirty seconds flat. and once it reaches into the metal it bakes itself in so even if he tries to get it repainted, in a couple days it will come off. only do this if he damaged your car for sure.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:40 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: discofan

Speedbumps "KILL" all low profile cars...

In Chicago, we have plenty which are usually around schools...

In the days when I learned to drive, we had none...

You could sail down any street and not have to worry about bottoming out or scraping your spoiler on one. But that was a long time ago...

Sorry to hear about your experience...

Dave
How do you scrape your spoiler on a speed bump? Doing some fast and the furios stuff?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:47 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

ORIGINAL: discofan

Speedbumps "KILL" all low profile cars...

In Chicago, we have plenty which are usually around schools...

In the days when I learned to drive, we had none...

You could sail down any street and not have to worry about bottoming out or scraping your spoiler on one. But that was a long time ago...

Sorry to hear about your experience...

Dave
How do you scrape your spoiler on a speed bump? Doing some fast and the furios stuff?
Apparently his wheelie bar fell off too...[X(]
Old 08-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Gbart

ORIGINAL: bennihill

also man, if you want to get this guy back (if you know who he is), just look for some stuff called zip strip. make sure you get the industrial grade. then take this stuff and sling it all over his car. this stuff eats through 6 coats of paint in thirty seconds flat. and once it reaches into the metal it bakes itself in so even if he tries to get it repainted, in a couple days it will come off. only do this if he damaged your car for sure.
haha thats good stuff right there never knew that gonna put that in the arsenal haha.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:02 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

no prob, if you need some other tips on how to permenantly ruin a car or just temporary pranks, just let me know what you would like to do. zip strip just happens to be my personal favorite cause when they come out and see it, they're like "oh sh*t". and when they get it repainted and it comes off again on its own, they're like "wtf!".
Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

He may have put in a request, but from my understanding the local goverment/town has to do the install unless it is a private road. Just because he requested does not mean he has the right to put it there, even if it was approved. I would call the town hall and confirm he had permission to set up his own, hell he might even be snowing your cousin saying he got permission.

ORIGINAL: redfiregt2006

yeah, i talked to my cousin and he just told me that this guy actually made a request to put a speedbump there. so, the plan to sue that a__hole wont go through.

About the damage to the car, i really hope that the only damage would be in the exhaust pipes. Does anybody know if i can damage the driveline or the exhaust O2 sensors??
i dont know where these o2 sensors are in our cars.

thanks for any input!!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

what are some pranks to do to peoples cars that wont f*** 'em over?
Old 08-21-2006, 04:03 PM
redfiregt2006
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bennihill

not to be a smarta$$ or anything to the people who don't know but our cars have 4 oxygen sensors. but don't worry, they are safe. the things you can damage though are your cats (we have two of them), the exhaust manifolds (if you bottom out hard enough), your pipes, the mounts your pipes are on, the frame (if you bottom out hard enough), the fuel tank can crack (if ouy bottom out hard enough), minor body damage, mufflers, and various other parts. i learned this when i put my car on a lift. i checked out all the bottoming out points cause when i was stationed in germany, going onto post was dangerous because the speed bumps were enormous. they did that to stop all the germans from speeding on post like they did on the economy. at least in our hanau area i know for sure. hope this info helps anybody and everybody.

thanks a lot man...i'm sure it wasn't hard enough to cause any frame or body damage. I already sent it in to be checked because i also had the front suspension popping noise so while they're at it, they can check the complete exhaust system, just to make sure.

btw, i think i'll buy the corsas axlebacks, so that i can approach that speedbump stealthily and then after that bump is behind me i will take off at wot.

Quick Reply: F***ING SPEEDBUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!