Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot truck drivers!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:27 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Idiot truck drivers!

ok I need to vent.
I was bored. It was a really nice day so I took the Stang out for a run out on the highway. Made a loop around three towns and circled back to the city where I live. About 200 km's
Anyhow I was cruising along at a nice leasurely 100 kph with the cruise on and some tunes playing when this dumbas* trucker crawls right up my tail and just sits there. He was so close all I could see in my mirror was his f-ing grille! This was on a nice long hill on a two lane highway so he couldn't pass, so I took the cruise off and slowly eased up on the gas and forced him down to about 50 kph.
Then I took off and put a few kilometers between us leaving him to slowly grind his way up the hill and eventually back up to whatever rediculous speed he was trying to travel at.
At any rate it solved the problem. Never saw him again.
The thought of people that DUMB driving something that big and heavy scares me.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:33 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Idiot truck drivers!

I hate truckers who do that ****. I love when they block both lanes and stay there for quite some time, just to **** everyone off. If you just get a handheld CB radio, you can solve the problem very easily. Tell them to get the f**k outa the way before you call the smokey bear.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:34 AM
mrwhitegt
1st Gear Member

you're tellin me, I don't know how many times I've almost been a grease spot in the middle of the road because of a big rig! try it when you're out on two wheels and you have to face off with one of those [sm=yikesomg.gif]
Old 08-21-2006, 07:28 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

I used to love truck drivers 'cos they were always courteous and cautious, but within the last decade I've noticed a decline in their general behavior. Long-haulers are still decent for the most part, but the in-towners are rediculous. There is no reason whatsoever for a semi on the freeway to be A) going slow in the left lane, B) going over the speed limit in any lane, or C) tailgating at any speed in any lane... especially when loaded.

There are still more idiots in cars though. [:'(]
Old 08-21-2006, 12:22 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

They need to make a law that prohibits truckers in the left on any highway with 3 or more lanes especially during rush hour. They are dangerous and rush hour would be much shorter if that law was in place since they can't get up to speed so quickly. I know there are cities who have that law but I wish it would be mandatory nation wide.

One other thing, I also wish they would mandate the contruction trucks to wash off before leaving a construction site. All that dirt and rocks being left on the highway and when they hit a good bump, we get sprayed with all that crap that is left on those trucks.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Personaly i have always loved how on Jersey turnpike it splits as it gets close to NY and there are devided highways, one of the highways trucks are not allowed on at all, i think that would be great everywhere, yeah i know it is not practical and would take forever to build and cost alot. But trucks that big should not be on the road with small cars or motorcycles, exspecially with how they work them for long hours of driving.

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

They need to make a law that prohibits truckers in the left on any highway with 3 or more lanes especially during rush hour. They are dangerous and rush hour would be much shorter if that law was in place since they can't get up to speed so quickly. I know there are cities who have that law but I wish it would be mandatory nation wide.

One other thing, I also wish they would mandate the contruction trucks to wash off before leaving a construction site. All that dirt and rocks being left on the highway and when they hit a good bump, we get sprayed with all that crap that is left on those trucks.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

The truckers make me nervous as hell!

I have actually had to snap it to 100mph to get away from them coming up on my tail going downhill on highway 70 on the way to Lake of the Ozarks from St. Louis.

I really hate them when I am on my motorcycle !!!

THEN – you always get the jerk in a tractor who decides to pass another trucker going UP a steep hill and your stuck behind them.

Some states have maximum speed limits, and requirements that the trucks stay in the right hand lane – LIFE is much easier on the highways in those states.

BLUEGT - - I hear ya man… I hate following those Cement trucks, and dump trucks after they come out of the quarry!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:06 PM
stangmann
2nd Gear Member

in mass if there is three lanes, trucks must stay in the two far right lanes
Old 08-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Nick040905
1st Gear Member

Happens to me all the time...
Old 08-21-2006, 07:18 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

nice move on the slowing it down bit.....that's really the only
way to punish the a$$ holes and their bad driving behavior....

Quick Reply: Idiot truck drivers!