Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Is A Better Car For Me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 04:58 PM
KdF
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Which Is A Better Car For Me?

Nick , nick , nick.

Listen to them . They talk with experience. Yes its kewl to have the baddest car on campus.Yes you are popular with that killer ride. Yes you can become cold meat in a matter of seconds and take others with you. I made my Son pay for his car , and Insurance. I taught both our kids how to drive , but the Stang is not the car you want at this point in your life. You just think it is. EVERYONE destroyes their first car. You learn on your first car. You repair your first car. Besides , the mandatory Insurance is gonna rape you right off the bat. Get yourself a beater and learn why you slide into a curb in the rain. Why it overheats etc. etc. Keep askin the questions , the only way to learn , and take a few Newsgroup Wedgies along the way , but listen and decide. Besides , save yer cash. You will eventually get that hot ride , it just may take a while.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Stangie
I ♥ Acer

Save your money and buy condoms.[sm=laughat.gif]
Old 08-25-2006, 05:21 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

If you have to get a car, get a econo-box. Something good on gas and insurance that will get you through that learning period. I bought my son an old Nissan 240SX. Was a nice little car and I paid $1,500 for it. 2 week later my ex-wife bought him a brand new Honda Accord just to out do me. 3 months later he totaled the accord. Guess what he drove for the next 3 years and never put a ding in it? You got it, the Nissan.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:24 PM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stangie

Should you forget those always remember: If you're out with your girlfriend, don't drink and park, accidents cause people.

:P
Old 08-25-2006, 05:41 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

I don't think that's necessary, but there should be an age requirement related to HP, just like there is for alcohol.

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

There should be a law that says that anybody under the age of 18 should not be allowed to own a car that costs more than $5000.
Communism would be a good idea too... [:'(]

Insurance will probably eat you alive, even with an 05-07 V6... I hope you're on your parent's plan.

The new Civics don't look half bad.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:04 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ORIGINAL: Stangie

LOL I know Right!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

If you have to get a car, get a econo-box. Something good on gas and insurance that will get you through that learning period. I bought my son an old Nissan 240SX. Was a nice little car and I paid $1,500 for it. 2 week later my ex-wife bought him a brand new Honda Accord just to out do me. 3 months later he totaled the accord. Guess what he drove for the next 3 years and never put a ding in it? You got it, the Nissan.
I really wanted a Nissan 240SX for drifting, but I was dissapointed when everyone complained about the spoiler,rust and other things. Maybe A Nice Acura Intergra or somthing.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:10 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ORIGINAL: KdF

Nick , nick , nick.

Listen to them . They talk with experience. Yes its kewl to have the baddest car on campus.Yes you are popular with that killer ride. Yes you can become cold meat in a matter of seconds and take others with you. I made my Son pay for his car , and Insurance. I taught both our kids how to drive , but the Stang is not the car you want at this point in your life. You just think it is. EVERYONE destroyes their first car. You learn on your first car. You repair your first car. Besides , the mandatory Insurance is gonna rape you right off the bat. Get yourself a beater and learn why you slide into a curb in the rain. Why it overheats etc. etc. Keep askin the questions , the only way to learn , and take a few Newsgroup Wedgies along the way , but listen and decide. Besides , save yer cash. You will eventually get that hot ride , it just may take a while.
Thanks for the Advice. But I want somthing with a V6 engine at least, anything in Mind? I'd rather an older car due to a lower price. Used of course.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silvermaster92

, Yeah , but I would want at least a V6 Mustang, even if its not 05, what about an older mustang, like a 03 or 00. I like the Cobra's too, but I heard they are super fast.
How about a 1976 Mustang II Gia or a 80 something Yugo? They were really quick in them days.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Gytheran

I like the Focus ZX3, personally. I've owned one and they're sporty little cars. You don't need a performance car in Highschool... at all. I started driving in my senior year and it was a 4cyl Ranger. My younger brother currently drives it with 119k miles on it.

Technically speaking, I only bought *my* first car about 3 weeks ago and I'm 26. The other cars(ZX3 and Escape) were the wife's. [sm=smiley17.gif]

If your dad is suggesting a 4cyl focus or similar vehicle, it seems he has a brain afterall.

Quick Reply: Which Is A Better Car For Me?