Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint Scratches... New tint lasts about 2 Days

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:53 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Tint Scratches... New tint lasts about 2 Days

I've had my tint for 6 months and havent had one scratch. I don't have felt either. I guess it's just luck of the draw and I agree FOMOCO quality BLOWWWWWWWS...[sm=chairshot.gif] Can't wait for the new Challenger
Old 08-27-2006, 05:35 AM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

It's too common of a problem to be limited to just my car. That's why there's a sticky thread on this. The scratches are happening in about the same spots on BOTH doors on BOTH sets of tint.

My dealer acted like I was speaking Greek when I asked them about it, yet Phil Long Ford in Denver supposedly acknowledges that this is an issue.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:39 AM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moonbaby1973

ORIGINAL: BigNasty06

Had the felt replaced, replaced the tint. Waited 5 days to lower the windows, abd the passenger side already has scratches in the EXACT same places as before.

But FOMOCO insists they never heard of this? Bad fuel pumps, bad rear diffs, and now this? F them... I should have gone with the Charger.
I agree...you should have bought a charger. Its not too late to trade and I hear theres a charger forum.
Yeah it is actually, since I went about $5K upside down to buy the Mustang.

I bet Charger owners can at least raise and lower windows without worrying how much more damage they're going to cause.

There's a reason FOMOCO was just rated LAST in quality. Or did you miss that?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Dude it is a 20$ fix to buy felt. So now you dog on a company because your mod is scratched???? See ya then and no FORD is not last in quality. They had a 23.% gain in quality......If you didn't have tints could you still roll your windows up and down? Is is a huge problem I wish this was the biggest problem I had in life

Had the felt replaced, replaced the tint. Waited 5 days to lower the windows, abd the passenger side already has scratches in the EXACT same places as before.

But FOMOCO insists they never heard of this? Bad fuel pumps, bad rear diffs, and now this? F them... I should have gone with the Charger.
I agree...you should have bought a charger. Its not too late to trade and I hear theres a charger forum.

I bet Charger owners can at least raise and lower windows without worrying how much more damage they're going to cause.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Smokefan
2nd Gear Member

I am looking at retinting my windows for the third time before I put it away for the winter due to one scratch on each side.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:37 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

Dude, you must have missed where I posted that I already replaced the felt. You're right about their quality though, all of those recalls are my imagination.

Maybe it was customer sat that they were last in?

Biggest problem in life? No... But I would think that a $25K purchase wouldn't have such a stupid problem.

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Dude it is a 20$ fix to buy felt. So now you dog on a company because your mod is scratched???? See ya then and no FORD is not last in quality. They had a 23.% gain in quality......If you didn't have tints could you still roll your windows up and down? Is is a huge problem I wish this was the biggest problem I had in life
Old 08-27-2006, 03:38 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Smokefan

I am looking at retinting my windows for the third time before I put it away for the winter due to one scratch on each side.
Have you also replaced the felt?
Old 08-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Smokefan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Smokefan

Have you also replaced the felt?
No, but I will insist on the dealer replacing felt when they retint.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Im just agreeing with you. If you dislike your Mustang so much, you should trade it in on a Charger...Or is it also Fords fult your upside down on what you owe?
Dont come to a Mustang forum to bitch about how poor the quality is on your Mustang. Trust me. No one here wants to hear it.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:47 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

I'm just agreeing with you. If you dislike your Mustang so much, you should trade it in on a Charger...Or is it also Fords fult your upside down on what you owe?

Dont come to a Mustang forum to bitch about how poor the quality is on your Mustang. Trust me. No one here wants to hear it.
I'd say the fact that the MODERATORS here felt (No pun intended) that this is a big enough issue to make a sticky thread about it, says you are 100% wrong when it comes to the concerns regarding scratched tint/windows.

Quick Reply: Tint Scratches... New tint lasts about 2 Days