Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang 17 inch tire and rim

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Default mustang 17 inch tire and rim

You know i would have thought someone would have jumped on this, for new mustang rims and brand new tires seems like a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: mustang 17 inch tire and rim

As it stands, it is a good deal, but no one is in the market for stock GT wheels. I put my P-zeros on chrome wheels and sold my 17" wheels (exactly like the EBay ones) for $150 locally. The stock 235 Pirellis are not in vogue either...I can't wait to lose mine.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:09 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

I guess i am one of the few people that like keeping my car stock. The sad thing is in 20 to 30 years when these cars are classics, the ones that were kept stock will bring in the most money!

ORIGINAL: BigDave

As it stands, it is a good deal, but no one is in the market for stock GT wheels. I put my P-zeros on chrome wheels and sold my 17" wheels (exactly like the EBay ones) for $150 locally. The stock 235 Pirellis are not in vogue either...I can't wait to lose mine.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:16 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

I think there is a big difference between say a 1965 Mustang and the ones today. Back then there were not all the speculators that babied their cars today expecting a gold mine. Now days (and especially with the GT-500) they are bought with investment in mind and are missing out personalizing or enjoying their cars. The bottom line...like the 65 stang...these cares are meant to be ridden and enjoyed. Keeping them tucked away for potential value is a huge investment risk.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: siggy14

I guess i am one of the few people that like keeping my car stock. The sad thing is in 20 to 30 years when these cars are classics, the ones that were kept stock will bring in the most money!

Hmmmmmmm you know, i've never thought about that lol.

Oh well its too much fun to mod this car
Old 08-27-2006, 01:23 PM
KdF
1st Gear Member

Personally I picked up a full set from Saleen for 425 and 101 shipping. I don`t care for bigger rims or low profile tires for that matter. More meat on the tires makes me happier. Lets get me with my 17 inch rims and someone with a 20 inch rim and both hit a nice deep pothole at 30 mph and see who drives away with a bent or broken wheel.

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
Old 08-27-2006, 01:24 PM
CurtX
1st Gear Member

The sad thing is in 20 to 30 years when these cars are classics, the ones that were kept stock will bring in the most money!
Our cars will never be classics. It takes an original to become a true classic, and seeing how mustangs have been out for over 40 years. . . Our cars are based on a classic, and you can't really have a classic of a classic. Unfortunately, as with most cars today, if your car is in really good shape in 30 years, it'll will just be an old car that happens to be in good shape.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I think there is a big difference between say a 1965 Mustang and the ones today. Back then there were not all the speculators that babied their cars today expecting a gold mine. Now days (and especially with the GT-500) they are bought with investment in mind and are missing out personalizing or enjoying their cars. The bottom line...like the 65 stang...these cares are meant to be ridden and enjoyed. Keeping them tucked away for potential value is a huge investment risk.

+1
I wish my stepdad thats got a 97 30th anniversary Slomaro would realize this and quit storing it, and make it faster.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:46 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

In a way you are both right, but i think they will have some value, one it looks they will only be produced for 3 to 4 years, and two there retro style and reinvention might make them a little more collectible.

I dont think we will ever see cars go up in price like they did back with the classics we see today, primary because of production numbers, i dont know how many 65 stangs they built, but i am almost cerntain it is only a small percentage of the production stangs they build today. So come 20 to 30 years from now you will see alot more 2005 stangs around in numbers to choose from.

But in general any car that has a huge following, and comes from a great heritage will be more then just an old car in good shape 20 to 30 years down the road. And when it comes down to it, someone with an all stock car will probaly get more money for theres because it is all stock.

And hey you never know, in 20 years we could all be flying around on jet propelled disks and all gas powered cars might be colletibles. As to keeping my car in the garage, that will never happen, i will keep it in the best shape i can any mod i do to it, i will make sure to keep the original so i can always put it back to stock later on in life.

ORIGINAL: CurtX

The sad thing is in 20 to 30 years when these cars are classics, the ones that were kept stock will bring in the most money!
Our cars will never be classics. It takes an original to become a true classic, and seeing how mustangs have been out for over 40 years. . . Our cars are based on a classic, and you can't really have a classic of a classic. Unfortunately, as with most cars today, if your car is in really good shape in 30 years, it'll will just be an old car that happens to be in good shape.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Smokefan
2nd Gear Member

The first thing I wanted to do was ditch my cast aluminum for a set of factory bullitts. My try for a set of 18 inch factory chrome later, anything bigger looks horrible on these cars.

Quick Reply: mustang 17 inch tire and rim